ZEISS Photography Award 2019 - PHOTO CONTEST
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled ZEISS Photography Award 2019 is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - The World Photography Organisation and ZEISS are pleased to launch the 4rd edition of the ZEISS Photography Award calling on ambitious photographers from across the globe to present their work around the theme "Seeing Beyond – The Unexpected".
The ZEISS Photography Award organised by World Photography Organisation and ZEISS, now in its 4th year is calling on ambitious photographers from across the globe to present their work around the theme “Seeing Beyond – The Unexpected” to the international jury of experts.
Photographers are asked for a creative response to the brief "The Unexpected" that is driven by a strong and clear narrative. To be understood in its broadest sense, "The Unexpected" challenges photographers to submit a series of images that look past the everyday and address something unforeseen or surprising – whether this is through the landscape and the physical environment, through human expression, emotion and interaction, through political or social causes or something more conceptual. The 'unexpected' element could be of global or very personal concern and may either showcase the familiar in a new way or shed light on something entirely different. All types of photography are welcomed by judges.
• Participants are required to submit a series of 5 to 10 photographs, including a description of the images
• Un-published work entered into the competition must have been taken between the dates of January 1st 2015 and February 8th 2019. Once unpublished work has been entered, it cannot be entered again as published work in the future year of the awards competition.
• Published work may have been taken at any point in history, but must have been commissioned or acquired or first published between the dates of January 1st 2015 and February 8th 2019. Eligible publications include magazines, newspapers, online and print editorial, self-publishing websites, including personal sites as well as commissioned gallery exhibitions. Images included in past photographic competitions, advertisements, marketing material, blogs, social media and all other visible platforms prior to January 1st 2015 will be considered published and not permissible within this competition.
• Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files. All images must be saved in the RGB colour model and EXIF data must be left in the image file. All entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
Submissions open 22 November, 2018 and close 8 February, 2019.
The submitted photographs will be judged between in February 2019 by a renowned jury that is composed of three international experts from the photography industry. In addition to one winner the judges may select up to 3 finalists in the Competition. The jury will evaluate both the photographic quality as well as the creativity of the works. The jury is particularly looking for a powerful story that is clearly recognizable in the images.
A shortlist with up to 15 photo series will be released on 26 March 2019. The winner will be announced on 9 April 2019. The winning and selected shortlisted works will be exhibited at Somerset House.
There is no entry fee to partcipate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
The ZEISS Photography Award 2019 is opne to all photographers worldwide over 18.
The winner will receive:
• ZEISS camera lenses of their choice worth a total of 12,000 euros, and 3,000 euros to cover travels costs for a photo project.
• Flights and accommodation to attend the exhibition's opening at Somerset House London in April 2019.
• ZEISS will also invite the winner to their headquarters in Germany to see behind the scenes and test out ZEISS lenses for themselves.
• The winner will also have the chance to collaborate directly with ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation.
For all further informations about the ZEISS Photography Award 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: