After six seasons of competition, and over a quarter of a million visual photographic masterpieces, HIPA has once again set out to inspire photographers from all walks of life to attain greatness through forward thinking and creativity.
They request that photographers, for a short while, forget the past and ignore the future to be fully immersed in ‘The Moment’. Photographers must delve deep into the madness and spontaneity of the present when capturing their photographs for HIPA’s Seventh Season main category.
"The Moment" will be the main theme of the Seventh Season of competition.
The biggest surprise of this season is the launch of video submissions for the 7th Season of competition.
The new ‘Time-lapse’ category, introduces an exciting phase in the competition which targets a new segment of the creative community.
Categories have been chosen which will inspire some of the world's finest and most committed photographers. The Award encourages photographers to share their craft and demonstrate excellence in what is now one of the most coveted Awards in the world.
The four categories are:
• The Moment (main theme for this edition)
• Portfolio (story-telling)
• Time-Lapse (video)
Think of them as the catalyst for your ideas and your springboard to creative excellence, to capturing the people, the places, and the colours of life that make our world such an exciting place to live. Guidlines:
• Participants are allowed to submit a black and white photograph in all categories except for the ‘General Colour sub-category’.
• You can submit a maximum of 1 photo for each category. Submitted photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size. The minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi. The same photo must not be submitted in more than 1 category. Any photo submitted in more than 1 category will be discarded from the competition.
You must also provide a title and description for each photograph submitted.
You are kindly requested to upload the original photograph (RAW) or the photograph without any editing on the time of submitting the photograph to the contest.
Some form of editing and digital manipulation in submissions is permitted but this must be kept to a minimum and not affect the authenticity of the photograph.
• For the Portfolio category, you are requested to submit a series of photographs on the same subject matter. The number of permitted photographs is minimum 5 and maximum 10 photographs.
• Finalists in the ‘Time-lapse’ category will be required to provide sample photographs/video material to prove the authenticity of their submissions.
Accepted video format is MP4, not exceeding 300 MB in size and must be between 30 - 60 seconds in length.
The video should be a high quality HD quality, 1920 X 1080 with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The format must be MP4 H264 and 25 fps.
This does not apply the ‘Time-lapse’ category which may require you to send over some original frames of the video at a later date.
In this category you are allowed to enter only 1 video submission.
You cannot participate with a photo that has already won in a competition, or already used for commercial purposes.
There are now THREE Special Awards for the 7th season and they are; The Photography Appreciation Award, The Photography Content Creator Award and the Emerging Person/Organisation in photography award .
There is no entry fee to partecipate.
It's free to enter!
This award is open to all individuals over the age of 18 from all over the world.
There will be five winners for each category, plus an impressive Grand Prize of 120,000 USD. There will be also three special awards:
• Photography Appreciation Award: 20,000 USD
• Photography Content Creator Award: 15,000 USDbr> • Emerging Person/Organisation in Photography Award: 10,000 USD