Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards 2019 now is over!
Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards 2019: Now in its 11th year, KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards continues to engage the global photographic community with the 2019 call for entries inviting all photographers from all over the world, including professionals, amateurs, keen hobbyists and students seeking for fresh and innovative photography.
Now in its 11th year, the KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards continues to engage the global photographic community with the 2019 Call for Entries.
The KLPA remains committed to promoting international contemporary portrait photography from South East Asia and the rest of the world, by rewarding some of the top photographers in the portraiture genre.
As in previous years, it seeks fresh and innovative photography from new, emerging and established photographers from around the world.
There are two categories:
• Single Image (Open Theme) - invites all creative portrait photographers to define their own styles and originality unbound by theme, styles or genres.
• Single Image (Theme: Unyielding Gaze)
In recognising diversity and rewarding effort, this edition of KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards chooses specifically to highlight the importance of good storytelling in photography, within the contemporary portraiture genre where so many emerging photographers have been photographing recently - project work or the photo story. Special emphasis will also be given to photographers who push the boundaries of conventionality, to producing imaginative, fresh, visually arresting portraits and personally driven and well-researched stories.
• Portraits may be interpreted in its widest sense, in relation to photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals in relation to their surroundings, status and humanity.
• As photojournalism-inspired portraits, a meaningful title and a caption are to accompany the portrait image, detailing the photographer’s standpoint and the back-story behind the photograph.
• All photographs must have been taken in 2018 and 2019 or part of an on-going project.
• Basic darkroom techniques (e.g. levels, curves, dodging, burning, minimal sharpening, colour correction) are permissible. Photographs can be Black and White or Colour, in any format.
• Photographers may enter one or both categories, separately, up to 3 times per category.
The Photographer retains the copyright of all submitted images at all times.
Judging will take place in May 2019. Photographers whose entries are shortlisted by the judges will be notified by email or by post within 14 days. The 50 finalists will have their entries exhibited at the ILHAM Gallery in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in September 2019.
Early bird entry is from 1 to 28 February, 2019. Standard entry fees (from 1 March to 30 April, 2019) start at 15 USD per image.
The KLPA - Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards is open to photographers from all over the world, including professionals, amateurs, keen hobbyists and students. All contestants must be 16 years of age or over on 30th April 2019.