Organised by Leica Camera and titled Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2019 is an international jury awards aimed to professional photographers whose unerring powers of observation capture and express the relationship between man and the environment in the most graphic form in a sequence of a minimum of 10 up to a maximum of 12 images.
There are two categories:
• Leica Oskar Barnack Award (open to professional photographers)
• Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award (open to all future professional photographers who are not older than 28 years)
Entry submissions must be a self-contained series of images in which the photographer perceives and documents the interaction between man and the environment with acute vision and contemporary visual style – creative, groundbreaking and innovative.
Only 1 entry per photographer is accepted.
• Participants must send in a series of photographs taken in 2018/2019 or long-term projects containing at least one photo from 2018.
• All digital photos prepared for upload must have an image height of 1200 pixels. The image width is variable. Furthermore, the photos need to be stored at 72 dpi as a jpg-file in the RGB colour space for view in the web and must not exceed a file volume of maximum 3 MB each. It is recommended storing the photos with the WEB optimization function, as for example possible in Adobe Photoshop. You will find precise instructions on the official website.
• Only 1 entry per photographer is accepted.
The competition is not limited to photos taken with Leica cameras. The camera system used is not a criterion.
Entries will be accepted exclusively as online submissions between March 1 and April 1, 2019.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The Leica Oskar Barnack Award is addressed to anyone worldwide.