LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 - PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
The Call for Entries titled LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 is now open!
LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019
is calling for applications! Below you can find all details about this photography award:
LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 is calling for entries, recently announced annual international Photography Award seeking the best documentary and imaginative storytellers in photography.
The Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 organised by LensCulture, one of the most authoritative resources for contemporary photography, now is calling for entries seeking the best documentary and imaginative storytellers in photography.
This competition aims to uncover photographers from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, share their work with the world and connect them with career-changing opportunities.
The Awards recognize the work of photographers weaving compelling narratives into their work. Image makers who are defining contemporary visual storytelling, whether that be through documentary work, imaginative storytelling, or something that combines (or defies!) all of the above, are wanted.
Show us how you’re using photography to chronicle world events or the experiences of those closest to you. Take our breath away with narrative images that challenge our thinking, expand our understanding or hit a chord with our emotions. Surprise us, delight us, confront us.
There are two awards categories:
• Documentary — Documentary-based interpretations of real events, people, places and issues. Traditional or contemporary, these visual stories and narrative moments offer insights into the worlds with we live in. Global issues or small cultural events. Current affairs or family affairs. Your work may be a personal story hinting at universal themes, an in-depth investigation, or something else that aims to inform, inspire, and move.
• Imaginative Storytelling— Based on fact, fiction, or a combination of both. Perhaps you’re approaching a documentary story in a conceptual way. Perhaps you’re mixing photography with other media or constructing imagery to achieve your unique vision. LensCulture loves discovering new ways to tell stories and this category is specifically for all non-conventional visual storytellers working outside the realms of traditional documentary.
• For best results, upload the highest-quality JPEGs, sized a minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side (2000 pixels is even better). Maximum size is 10MB. The file name should be under 50 characters.Will be accepted up to 5000 pixels (maximum) but 2000 pixels are perfect for our judges. The system cannot accept files that are larger than 5000 pixels. DPI doesn’t matter because the submissions are not for print — as long as the submissions are 2000 pixels on the long side, your work will look great on the official platform.
• Each series should be in a separate submission so that you can write a description for each one and allow the jury to view each entry as a single body of work. If you try to combine two series into one entry, it will have zero chance of being selected by the jury. If cost is an issue, please submit only your strongest single body of work.
• You can submit as many times as you like.
• There are no time-based restrictions concerning when a photo was taken.
All photographers retain full copyright for their work.
Winners will be exhibited at Aperture Gallery in New York City in 2019.
The first single-image entry can be submitted for free — limited to 1 free entry per person. The 5 single entries cost $50. A series of 10 photographs can be entered for $60.
Current students and recent graduates get a 30% discount on the entry fee.
Who can enter?
The LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 is open to everyone that is 18 years and older, professional and amateur photographers alike.
A total of $15,000 will be awarded in cash. Winners will be exhibited at Aperture Gallery in New York City in 2019.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://www.lensculture.com/photo-competitions/visual-storytelling-awards-2019
Category: PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
Published by: InfoDesigners
Listed by: InfoDesigners