Sony World Photography Awards 2019 now is over!
Sony World Photography Awards 2019: The Sony World Photography Awards 2019, one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world, are now open for entries inviting all professional, amateur, youth and student photographers to partecipate.
Created by the World Photography Organisation , the Sony World Photography Awards, one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world and an authoritative voice in the industry, has been recently opened for entries for 2019. Celebrating the finest contemporary photography from the past year, the Awards give vast exposure, visibility and opportunity to photographers worldwide on an annual basis. Now in its 12th year, it aims to showcase the best contemporary photography worldwide.
The Sony World Photography Awards 2019 has four competitions:
• Professional - Recognising outstanding bodies of work
• Open - Rewarding the world’s best single images
• Youth - Best single images by photographers aged 12-19
• Student - For photography students worldwide
You can only enter one of the following competitions: Professional, Open or Youth.
There is a competition and a category for everyone, from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sports, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture, and more.
• Professional is free to enter and open to all
• Judged on a body of work across 10 diverse categories
• Photographers must submit a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 images
• 1 overall winner, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place + up to 10 shortlisted photographers per category
• Open is free to enter for all photographers
• Rewarding the best single images across 10 diverse categories
• 1 overall winner, 1 winner and up to 15 shortlisted images per category
Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to enter their best single images into the Open competition for a chance to win $5,000 (USD), Sony Digital Imaging Equipment, a trip to London, and be crowned "Open Photographer of the Year". The judges are looking to award the best single images from across the following 10 diverse categories: Architecture, Culture, Creative, Motion, Landscape, Natural World & Wildlife, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, and Travel.
• Youth is free to enter for everyone aged 12-19
• A single image responding to one brief
• 1 winner and up to 10 shortlisted images
We are looking for the next generation of talented photographers! The Youth competition, for everyone aged 12-19, recognizes that a love for photography often starts at a young age. The competition helps young photographers grow and flourish into the next stages of their careers. Judges are looking for good composition, creativity and clear photography.
• Student is free to enter for anyone undertaking a full-time photography course
• Institutions must be registered for their students to take part
• 1st challenge to submit 3-5 images / 2nd challenge to submit 5-10 images
• 1 winner plus up to 10 shortlisted photographers
The awards offer an unparalleled opportunity for exposure for photographers at all stages of their career and are known worldwide by industry leaders. The images are judged by the World Photography Organisation and a specially selected jury from the World Photographic Academy which is made up of the photographic industry’s most esteemed individuals.
There is no entry fees to partecipate.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
The Sony World Photography Award 2019 is open to all levels of photographer, from emerging 12-19-year-olds, enthusiastic hobbyists, and students, to established professionals.