Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2018 now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2018, international photography award and exhibition is now opened for entries waiting for all amateur, semi-pro and professional photographers of all ages, from any part of the world to submit they best photos.
Now in the 16th year, Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY), international photography award and exhibition is open for 2018 edition. This prestigious award offers massive exposure for your work through their media activities, photographer profiles and exhibitions.
The TPOTY 2018 awards have:
• Portfolio categories - a portfolio must comprise 4 images. An image cannot be entered in more than one portfolio, but a portfolio image may also be entered in a single image category.
• Special Portfolio Category - a body of work portfolio must comprise 8 images. An image cannot be entered in more than one portfolio, but a portfolio image may also be entered in a single image category.
• One Shot categories - these categories are judged on a single image.
• Smart Shot category - this category is judged on a single image taken on a smartphone or tablet only. Images from digital cameras are not permitted.
• New Talent category - This category is for photographic students and amateur or semi-professional photographers only. This category can only be entered once and is judged on a portfolio comprising 6 images.
• Young Travel Photographer of the Year Category - entrants aged 18 years or under on the closing date (1st October 2018) are eligible to compete for this category. This award will be decided on the best portfolio of 4 images.
• Award for the overall winner – the Travel Photographer of the Year 2018
Choose the category/categories you wish to enter and are eligible for. You can enter any category more than once except for New Talent. New Talent can be entered only once, but you may also enter any other categories for which you are eligible.
By submitting 2 or more Portfolio entries or by entering the Special Travel Portfolio, you will automatically be eligible for the top award and title Travel Photographer of the Year.
Entrants who submit 2 or more 4 image portfolios or one 8 image portfolio will be eligible for the award for Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2018. Where entrants submit more than two 4 image portfolios, the judges will consider each entrant’s best two portfolios when selecting the overall winner.
Entries shot on either film or digital cameras are eligible for all categories except the Smart Shot category. Images shot on mobile phones may be submitted in any One Shot categories as well as the Smart Shot category, provided that they have been taken on a 5 megapixel or higher phone camera.
You may use digital manipulation to optimise an image, and you may crop an image but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition. Brightness, contrast, colour balance can all be adjusted. Dust spots and minor elements etc. can be retouched.
Images can be sharpened before printing. Manipulations which could realistically be achieved in a darkroom will be accepted but the judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over-manipulated, removing the integrity of the original image.
The awards are judged by leading photographers and experts in the field. The final results will be announced in December 2018.
The entry fee for each four image portfolio category is £15, £30 for the eight image special portfolio category and £20 for New TalentOne Shot categories is £10 and Smart Shot is £8 per entry. Young TPOTY is free to enter.
An additional entry fee is payable for each additional category and entry submitted.
Who can participate? ⇣
Any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 19 years and over, from any country, can enter the three Portfolio categories and anyone can enter the three Single Image One Shot categories and the Smart Shot category. The New Talent and Young Travel Photographer of the Year categories all have restrictions on entry as follows:
• New Talent is for photographic students, and amateur or semi-professional photographers only. Entrants must be aged 19 or above. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter this category and photographic status will be checked before any prizes are awarded.
• Young Travel Photographer of the Year is for photographers aged 18 years and under. There are two age categories – aged 14 years and under, aged 15 to 18 years.