2019 World Press Photo Contest now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: The World Press Photo Contest, the most prestigious international competition for photojournalism in the world, recently has been open for entries for 2019 inviting all professional press photographers, photo agencies, newspapers and magazines from anywhere in the world to partecipate.
The annual World Press Photo Contest, the most prestigious international competition for photojournalism in the world once again is open for entries bringing together pictures from all parts of the globe to reflect trends and developments in photojournalism.
The annual photo contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism.
The 2019 World Press Photo Contest includes the following categories:
• Contemporary Issues – Single pictures or stories documenting cultural, political or social issues affecting individuals or societies.
• Environment – Single pictures or stories documenting human impact, positive or negative, on the environment.
• General News – Single pictures or stories reporting on news topics and their aftermaths.
• Long-Term Projects – A project on a single theme that has been shot over at least three different years.
• Nature – Single pictures or stories showing flora, fauna and landscapes in their natural state.
• Portraits – Single pictures or stories of individuals or groups either in observed or posed portraits.
• Sports – Single pictures or stories that capture individual or team sports.
• Spot News – Single pictures or stories witnessing news moments or immediate events.
• All pictures entered must have been shot in 2018.
• All pictures entered to the stories category must have been shot in 2017 or 2018. At least one picture in a story must have been shot in 2018 or first published in 2018.
• Stories can contain between 2 and 10 pictures. Only for Long-Term Projects categoy entries can contain between 24 and 30 pictures.
• All pictures (single pictures and pictures within stories ) that were shot in 2018 will be eligible for the Photo of the Year award.
• All stories will be eligible for the Story of the Year award.
Whether entered as singles or stories, these pictures are judged in terms of their accurate, fair, and visually compelling insights about our world.
Registration closes 3 January 2019 at h12.00 noon. All entries must be submited no later than January 8th, 2019 h12.00 noon.
The contest will be judged by a jury comprising leading photojournalism professionals.
Nominees are invited to attend the 2019 Awards Show in Amsterdam during which The World Press Photo of the Year and The World Press Photo Story of the Year and all contest winners will be announced.
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The World Press Photo Contest 2019 invites all professional photographers to participate with their work.