This is the 22nd consecutive year in which Médicos del Mundo España has conducted the Luis Valtueña Humanitarian Photography Award. The Award has been initiated to denounce the situation of millions of people in the World and bring attention to human rights violation, social exclusion, armed conflicts, natural disasters and immigration.
The Luis Valtueña International Humanitarian Photography Award recognizes the work of professional photographers who, through their images, denounce inequities, injustices and abuses, or testify to the situations that propitiate them or that fight.
This award comes as a tribute to and in recognition of Luis Valtueña, Flors Sirera, Manuel Madrazo, and Mercedes Navarro, Médicos del Mundo aid workers killed in Rwanda in 1997 and in Bosnia in 1995 while performing their duties as international humanitarian aid workers. Their memory serves to ensure that each year victims of injustice are brought to light, give them a voice through your gaze. Guidelines:
Submitted photographs must narrate or tell a story related to these topics:
• humanitarian action,
• international cooperation,
• social exclusion,
• human rights violations,
• armed conflicts,
• natural disasters,
• immigrant populations,
• socially excluded groups.
The following documentation must be attached: • A photographic series of maximum 10 images. At least 30% of the total of the series must have been made between January 2019 and October 2019 and not have been presented in previous editions of the Prize.
• Photographs must be presented in digital format, such as JPEG images with an average quality of 5000 pixels in the longest dimension and 72 dpi resolution, using the Adobe RGB (preferred) or sRGB color space. The weight of each file should not exceed 3 MB.
• The original structure of the digital image can only be altered by dark room techniques such as brightness, contrast and color adjustments, overexposure and sub-exposure. No other change in the original digital image will be allowed.
• Only photographs of a single frame will be accepted. Photomontages and multiple exhibitions will be excluded from the contest. In case of doubt as to a possible digital alteration of the image outside of the permitted in the bases of this prize, the organization reserves the right to request the participants the original file of the photograph without retouching, as it was recorded by the camera, or a scanned and untreated, negative copy or slide.
The judging panel, made up of leading photographers and MdM-Spain representatives, will meet 45 days after the submission deadline in order to select the winners. After meeting and coming to a decision, the panel will announce the winner of the project grant (at least three finalists), as previously mentioned. The work of these successful entrants will feature in the travelling exhibition.
The awards ceremony will be held at a public event during January or February 2020 at a time and place to be determined.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Photographers and photographers of any nationality, of legal age and related to the documentary approach, may participate.
The winner will receive a project grant of 6,000 Euro to develop an in-depth report composed of at least 50 photos and pertinent video/audio pieces — related to the work of Médicos del Mundo, whether in Spain or in other countries.
Along with the winning entries, the organizers will select other photos from all those submitted to form part of a traveling exhibition.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://www.medicosdelmundo.es/premioluisvaltuena/?page_id=35&lang=en