This photography competition is an initiative by company Agility.
The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanising, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. They are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality.
There are three categories:
• Industry - Africa’s transformation is being driven by growth and modernization in energy, manufacturing, agriculture, logistics and transportation and consumer goods. They are seeking photos that illustrate the strides Africa is making in productivity, commerce, consumer demand and investment.
• Technology - Africa’s transformation has been accelerated by technology that gives its citizens the ability to connect to one another and the world as never before. They seek photos that show how people use technology to improve their lives or that showcase Africa’s technological innovation.
• Cities - Africa’s political and commercial capitals are becoming global mega-cities as the continent urbanizes at a historic pace. More than 40% of Africans now live in cities. We are looking for photos that capture stories of urban life across Africa.
All photographs must be submitted in digital format. Photos must be taken in Africa and must be high-resolution, JPG or PNG format, at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall, and the file size must be at least 1 MB. Only minor digital editing, colour correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed.
Photos will be judged on:
1) Compatibility with the theme of a modern, hopeful Africa;
2) Creativity and photographic quality;
3) Impact and inspiration.
The contest will involve two rounds of judging. In the first round, a panel of judges will shortlist 30 photos per category. In the second round, a different panel of judges will select the winning photo per category.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
This competition is open worldwide to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older.
Each category winner will receive a prize of 2,000 USD, and the grand prize winner will receive an additional 2,000 USD.
Sponsor may also offer a Viewer's Choice award in the future, where people can independently choose their favourite photo.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://www.africa-2017.com/