Athens Photo Festival 2019 (APhF:19) - PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The call for entries is now open!
The Call for Entries titled Athens Photo Festival 2019 (APhF:19) is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - The Athens Photo Festival 2019, the leading international festival of photography and related media in Southeastern Europe, has been recently opened for entries inviting all artists/photographers, collectives, curators, galleries and organizations worldwide to partecipate.
Athens Photo Festival 2019 is accepting submissions from emerging and established artists and photographers from around the world for its 2019 exhibition program. The Festival aims to feature a diverse selection of over 100 photo-based projects from around the world.
With a history of over 30 years, Athens Photo Festival, maintained and enhanced its standings as the leading international festival of photography in Southeastern Europe, and reinforced its commitment to improve Athens reputation for being a premier photo destination for visitors.
The mission of the Athens Photo Festival is to provide a platform for artists and photographers to make new connections and reach the widest possible audience for their work.
The Athens Photo Festival attempts to bring together a range of different perspectives from emerging and established artists and photographers from all over the world with the aim to reflect the diversity of contemporary photography, and to create opportunities for exchange of ideas, artistic expression and international engagement. The open call has no thematic restrictions. In this way, organNiser strive to create a dialogue between different thematic ideas, approaches and practices from a traditional photography background to the most contemporary projects. Exploring diverse cultural, artistic, social and political perspectives, the Festival welcomes a wide variety of works from all the image-based genres, ranging from fine art and conceptual to documentary and photojournalism, installations, interactive content and multimedia works.
The Festival also welcomes submissions for its Photobook Show, exhibition dedicated to the form of book that invites artists and publishers from all over the world to submit their books for consideration.
Entries must be in digital format with the following technical specifications:
• File format: JPG
• Resolution: Images should be saved at 72dpi
• Size: Images must be sized to 1500 pixels on their longest dimension.
• Image file names: The files must be titled with the photographer’s last name and a sequential image number. For example: yourlastname_01.jpg, 02.jpgcompressed folder. You can only upload following files format: zip, rar, tar, sit, sitx. Each submitted folder size can be no more than 30MB.
You may submit more than one proposal. For each submission you will have to fill out a separate entry form and pay a separate fee.
The selected works will be exhibited from 6 June to 29 July 2019, at the Benaki Museum / Pireos 138, one of the most prestigious museums in Greece.
The entry fee is 25 € for the first entry, and 15 € for each additional entry by the same applicant.
There is no fee for submissions for the Photobook Show.
Who can enter?
Athens Photo Festival 2019 is open to photographers, artists, collectives, curators, galleries and organisations from around the world.
• Submission to the 2019 Festival for exhibition programming consideration.
• Finalists will be exhibited during the Athens Photo Festival 2019.
• Contribution to the production cost of the works included in the Main Program.
• Accommodation for the international artists for two nights.
• 20 finalists will have the opportunity to participate for free to the International Portfolio Reviews in Athens.
• 5 finalists under the age of 35, will have the opportunity to participate for free to the APhF Talent Lab, a professional development program for emerging artists.
• 100 runners-up will have the opportunity for a 6-month presence on APhF:Connections, a by-invitation-only platform, to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ influential industry professionals from all around the world, who are always willing to discover ‘new’ photography from emerging or established artists. This is a non-official section, independent of the Festival’s curatorial team.
For all further informations about the Athens Photo Festival 2019 (APhF:19) or to submit your works visit the following official website: