Belfast Photo Festival 2019 - PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
Belfast Photo Festival 2019
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this photography competition:
The Belfast Photo Festival, Northern Ireland's international premier visual arts festival and biennial event once again celebrates some of the finest national and international contemporary photography and visual culture inviting all photographers, artists, curators, archives, collectives around the word to participate.
The Belfast Photo Festival, an not for profit organisation that presents one of the leading International Festivals of photography in the United Kingdom and the Visual Arts Festival of Northern Ireland, this year hosted by Picter, now is opened for submissions for 2019.
This major photographic event celebrates some of the finest national and international contemporary photography and visual culture, with the next festival taking place on June 2019.
Through a range of national and international interactive events the festival aims to inspire the countries future photographers, artists and entrepreneurs, offering new, exciting, welcoming and sometimes challenging experiences to audiences through the program of events.
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply.
• individuals should select and enter between 1 and 15 photographs from a particular series or body of work and/or submit their Photo-book for exhibition by providing a link to a single PDF (stored on for example: Google Drive or Dropbox.
• as a collective, you can submit up to 15 photographs.
The author of each image submitted retain full ownership of the copyright in each entry.
The Belfast Photo Festival has invited a panel of influential international experts in the field of photography to assist in the shortlisting and selection of artist's alongside the Festival team. Belfast Photo Festival is offering artist's/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field of photography and have their work taken on tour to be exhibited at the 2020 Photo Schwiez (Zurich, Switzerland), with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazines Abridged and GUP. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize.
A 22 EUR / 29 EUR submission fee will apply for every 15 images submitted.
Who can enter?
The Belfast Photo Festival is open worldwide to all photographers, artists, curators, archives, collectives.
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
• Awards and cash prizes
• Exhibition exposure at the Festival's main city centre gallery
• Exhibition exposure at the 2020 Photo Schwiez Festival (Switzerland)
• Inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
• Long-term Festival representation and promotion
• An opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
• Exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
• Publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
• Inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated reach of 20+ million
• International press exposure
• Being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
• Dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
The Open Submission Exhibition will be presented at the Festival Photo Park in the heart of Belfast City and the center of the Cultural Cathedral Quarter.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the Belfast Photo Festival 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: http://belfastphotofestival.com/
Category: PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Published by: InfoDesigners
Organizer: Belfast Photo Festival
Listed by: InfoDesigners