The Belfast Photo Festival is Northern Ireland's international premier visual arts festival and photographic biennial competition. This major photographic event celebrates some of the finest national and international contemporary photography and visual culture, with the next festival taking place on June 2017.
Through a range of national and international interactive events the festival aims to inspire the countries future photographers, artists and entrepreneurs, offering new, exciting, welcoming and sometimes challenging experiences to audiences through the programme of events.
This year the theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
Each submission can include up to 6 images or a single .PDF file (Photo-book submissions). Submissions can be considered as a sequence or individually. If selected you agree to supply all photographs selected for exhibition, printed and professionally presented (framed/mounted and glassed), ready for hanging.
The author of each image submitted retain full ownership of the copyright in each entry.
Entrants are welcome to make more than one application but the nonrefundable 19 GBP (approx. 23 USD) will be payable for each application.
This competition is open to all photographers, artists, curators, archives, collectives from anywhere in the world.
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- Awards and cash prizes
- Exhibition exposure at the Festival's main city centre gallery
- Inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
- Long term Festival representation and promotion
- An opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
- Exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
- Publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
- Inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated read of 20+ million
- International press exposure
- Being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- Dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
A number finalists will be selected to have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition outdoors.