| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Black + White Photographer Of The Year 2018 - International Photography competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Photography Competition organised by Black+White Photography magazine, in partnership with Fujifilm, titled Black+White Photographer of the Year, has been recently opened for 2018 with aims to celebrate the very best in modern monochrome.
There are three categories:
• The World of People - submit your photographs of individuals or groups – this can be from formal portraits to street photography to photojournalism. Show us the people that make up this world through your unique vision.
• The World Around Us - we all experience the world in different ways and the images we make reflect that. They want to see the best landscapes, cityscapes, seascapes and wildlife photographs in monochrome.
• The Creative World - For this category we want you to let your imagination roam. Enter your best creative work, from still life to abstract, from using old processes to smartphone filters, or anything else you think fits.
Images should be uploaded in JPEG RGB format at 300ppi with a compression quality of between 8 and 10 (between 75 and 85 when using Adobe Lightroom). The image should be sized between 1500 pixels and 2100 pixels on its longest side.
To enter any one category of the competition you can upload up to 5 pictures.
You can enter as many categories as you want and you can enter the same category multiple times.
You can also submit the same images to different categories.
Images that have been previously published in any media are eligible for entry. Images that have been entered into or commended by a competition are also eligible. However, images that have won a category or an overall award in a national or international level competition on or before the deadline date are not eligible to be entered.
Images taken by the entrant at any time are eligible. There is no set time-frame in which images must have been taken. Image manipulation on a computer or in the darkroom is allowed. The judges will be looking for a sophisticated and gentle approach to image editing, so avoid overdoing any particular image adjustment unless it clearly adds to the interpretation of the photograph.
The copyright of images submitted remains at all times with the photographer.
Judging will take place in November 2017 and the winners will be announced in the February 2018 issue of Black+White Photography magazine (issue 212), which is published on 18 January 2018.
The fee for entry to any category of the competition is 10 GBP, that's approximately 13 USD for a 1 category.
Who can enter?
This competition is open to amateur and professional photographers from around the world. Entrants aged under 18 on the closing date must obtain the permission of their parent/guardian to enter.
• First Prize: FUJIFILM X-Pro2 plus three lenses. Total value of 2,500 GBP (approx. 3,220 USD).
• Second Prize: FUJIFILM X100F
• Third Price: FUJIFILM X-T20 PLUS LENS
For all further informations about the Black + White Photographer Of The Year 2018 visit the following official website: