The Chelsea International Photography Competition is an open call for submissions organised by Agora Gallery that will open for entries from August 21st through October 9th, 2018.
The competition is open to images that may investigate any topic, from regional cultures and travel photography to commercial work and photojournalism. Photographs that are sexually explicit, violent and/or racist will not be considered for the Competition.
• You can upload as many images as you would like.
• Digital, analog, and mobile photographs can be submitted. The images may be black-and-white or in color.
• There is no time frame in which the work must have been created.
• Images that may have been commissioned or acquired to be published for the first time in 2017 can be entered, but only after the published date.
• Without exception, all entries must be submitted in a digital format with the following specifications:
- All images must be in th JPG/JPEG format.
- All images should not exceed 5 MB in size and 7500 x 7500 pixels in dimension.
- Please note that if selected, you will be required to submit a high-resolution image suitable for printing.
• All images must be clear of any copyright information so that the identity of the photographer remains anonymous.
Image quality is very important. This is the only exposure to your photographs the jurors will have, and a poor representation (such as a blurred image, or one affected by glare, or dim lighting) will reduce your chances of being selected.
Collaborative work is accepted as long as the collaboration does not exceed two photographers or artists.
All photographs submitted must be for sale.
Results will be emailed to all participating photographers and published online on November 6th 2018.
The work of 30 photographers will be selected. The work of selected artists will be presented at Agora Gallery (from February 19-28, 2019).
Each photographer will exhibit one photograph, to be printed and mounted by Agora Gallery. Photographs submitted by the selected photographers will be displayed on organizer website for one year. Works selected may be returned to photographers, upon request, after the exhibition has closed, at no cost to the photographers.
The entry fee of $45 entitles photographers to submit up to 5 images with a fee of $5 for each additional image.
The Early Bird promotion (submissions received between August 6th - 20th) gives photographers the opportunity to submit extra 2 images at no additional cost.
The Chelsea International Photography Competition is open to entries from throughout the world, of all backgrounds and experience levels. Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Along with the opportunity to showcase your works in New York, Agora Gallery will also provide each artist with the following valuable promotional benefits:
- Press release written by one of the gallery’s talented public relations writers
- Display ad featuring the names of all selected photographers to appear in an art publication
- Reception for the exhibition open to all selected photographers, friends and family, and the New York art community
- Invitations promoting the exhibition and photographs distributed to the gallery’s extensive mailing list
- Exhibition catalog containing images of all selected photographs that is made available to all gallery guests
- Outreach on the gallery’s social media channels including Agora Gallery's Facebook page with 100,000+ followers
- Exhibition page dedicated to the competition on Agora Gallery's website
• Art Fair
One (1) photographer will be awarded with the participation in an Art Fair sponsored by FAI - Fine Art Initiatives.
• Cash Prizes
$500 cash prize will be awarded to 5 selected photographers and their work will be shown on organizer websites.
• ARTmine Exposure and Personal Artist Statement
The 5 photographers will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine.com, which includes assistance by their talented art writers with composing a professional artist statement. Frequented by art professionals, collectors, and consultants, this premiere resource for art lovers is an excellent tool to generate a greater degree of exposure for your art.
The commission structure on the work sold is:
The artist receives 50% of the list/retail price, and Agora Gallery receives 50% of the list/retail price. Fifteen percent (15%) of Agora Gallery’s proceeds from the sale of photographs will be donated to a selected charity. You will be paid within 3 weeks after delivery of the artwork to the client.