The Chelsea International Photography Competition 2020 is an recently open call for submissions organised by Agora Gallery that is looking for great, new talent, offering amateur and professional photographers at any stage of their careers invaluable opportunities for international exposure.
The competition is open to images that may investigate any topic, from regional cultures and travel photography to commercial work and photojournalism. Photographs that are sexually explicit, violent and/or racist will not be considered for the Competition.
• Each photographer must submit at least 1 image on any topic of their choice.
• All images must be accompanied by a title.
• Each photographer must submit a minimum of 5 images. The images may be part of a series or individual photographs.
• All entries must be accompanied by a title. You may also send in a series description (not mandatory).
Digital, Analog, Phone Images and Images taken with any camera are all accepted. Videos are not allowed.
All submitted images must be available for sale.
Art submitted to the competition will be reviewed by a rotating panel of expert jurors, each representing a different field in the art world, ensuring a fair and balanced selection process.
Image quality is very important. This is the only exposure to your photographs the jurors will have, and a poor representation (such as a blurred image, or one affected by glare, or dim lighting) will reduce your chances of being selected.
Collaborative work is accepted as long as the collaboration does not exceed two photographers or artists.
15 photographers will be selected from both categories (amateur and professionals) to display one photograph as part of the group exhibition.
A collective exhibition for 15 selected photographers from each of the categories – Amateur Photography and Professional Photography – will be held from September 3rd – 12th, 2020.
There is a $25 entry fee for up to 5 images in this category. There will be a charge of $5 for each additional image.
There is a $45 entry fee for up to 5 images in this category. There will be a charge of $5 for each additional image.
Submissions received between September 15th – 23rd may include 2 additional images at no additional cost.
The Chelsea International Photography Competition 2019 is open to entries from throughout the world, of all backgrounds and experience levels. Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
The Chelsea International Photography Competition provides the winning participants an opportunity to exhibit at one of our New York spaces, located in the heart of the Chelsea art district. The sprawling and elegant street-level space attracts hundreds of visitors with its striking exterior.
Along with the exciting opportunity to showcase your works in New York, each artist will additionally be provided with invaluable promotional benefits:
• Your work will be displayed at the gallery.
• A unique press release will be written for each individual artist by one of the gallery’s highly talented public relations writers.
• The gallery’s PR department will invite a wide range of guests to the exhibition, including private art buyers, art consultants, corporations, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and members of the media.
• An advertisement for the collective exhibition will be placed in a publication of the competition’s choosing.
• An opening night reception will be organized for the artists, their invitees, and the New York art community at large. The event will be photographed and promoted on the gallery’s various social media channels.
• Invitations promoting the exhibition and your artwork will be emailed to our extensive mailing list.
• An image of your artwork will be published in a color catalog specifically produced for the collective exhibition. The catalog will be distributed to the artists and art enthusiasts.
• Your artwork will be promoted on various social media channels, including Agora Gallery’s Facebook page, which has over 100,000 fans.
• Your artwork will appear in an exhibition page which will be part of the Agora Gallery website, and in addition, photos from the opening reception will appear on Agora-Gallery.com and on Facebook.
Only 1 artist will be awarded with the participation in an Art Fair.
$500 cash prize will be awarded to 5 selected photographers and their work will be shown on our websites.
5 artists will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine.com, which includes an artist statement composed by ARTmine’s talented art writers.