Communication Arts Photography Competition 2020 now is over!
Communication Arts 2020 Photography Competition, the most prestigious competition for creativity in photography now is opend for entries inviting all photographer worldwide to participate.
Communication Arts Photography Competition, the most prestigious competition for creativity in photography now is opend for entries for 2020!
Any photograph, originating from any country, first published or produced from March 2019 through March 2020 is eligible.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
There is a different categories:
• Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
• Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
• Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
• For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
• Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
• Motion/Cinematography: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
• Self-Promotion: promotion for photographers, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
• Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
• Student Work: any project created for a school assignment. Personal unpublished work must be submitted in the Unpublished category. The work must be completely original and not utilize content owned by another copyright holder unless the entrant has been granted specific usage rights. If a student project is selected and documentation of specific usage rights cannot be supplied, the project will be disqualified. Communication Arts is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant, and will not become involved in copyright disputes.
Choose the category that you feel best fits your submission. Each photograph is a single entry. You can enter one project into multiple categories and you can also enter all work in a series must be part of the same campaign. When works are submitted as a series they are judged together as a group. A piece with several photographs must be considered a series. There is a maximum of five images in each series; if a piece is entered and there are more than five images on it, the five that are to be judged must be marked in some way.
If your work is accepted you will be requested high-res reproduction materials.
Entries may originate from any country. Explanation of the function in English is very important to the judges.
Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
• Print Entries: Must be unmounted and sent to office by mail/courier. Each photograph is a single entry. A printed piece with several photographs must have a dot or some other mark indicating which specific single photograph is to be judged. If a single photograph isn’t indicated, the entry will be disqualified. Campaigns or series are limited to 5 photographs. If the entry has more than 5 photographs, indicate which five are to be judged. If this isn’t indicated, the entry will be disqualified. Do not tape series together. Any project over 18" x 24" must be submitted as digital images.
• Digital Images: Must be RGB in JPG format with a maximum width of 1024 pixels and a maximum height of 768 pixels at 72 dpi. NO EXCEPTIONS. Digital images will be projected for the judges using an HD projector on a 6’ x 4’ screen.
• Motion/Cinematography Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4 or MGPG format, with a maximum file size of 1 GB. Include 4 seconds of black, no slates or bars, at the beginning of each video and 2 seconds at the end.
Works will be selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and photographers.
Entry fees for submission of single photograph cost $40, for series of photograph cost $80. Instead for the category Motion/Cinematograph for a single piece of tim cost $90, and for series of time cost $180. There is a substantial discount for student entries completed as a school assignment.
If work is entered after the initial deadline, a late fee of $10 per entry will be added.
Who can participate? ⇣
Communication Arts 2020 Photography Competition is open to all photographer worldwide.