Grand Prix Images Vevey 2017/2018 now is over!
Switzerland’s Festival Images Vevey has recently opened the registration for its biannual international photography competition 2017/2018 titled The Grand Prix Images Vevey inviting all artists, professional and student photographers to submit they best photography.
Biannual international photography competition titled The Grand Prix Images Vevey and organised by Switzerland’s Festival Images Vevey has been recently opened for the registration for 2017/2018.
Under the umbrella of Images Vevey, Grand Prix Images Vevey is a competition that aims to finance the creation of an original photography project that will premiere at Festival Images Vevey 2018.
This competition represents unique support for contemporary creation, with complete freedom of choice over subject and genre.
Projects that are submitted must be original and achievable within one year of the announcement of the results. Each participant may enter no more than one project.
A jury made up of picture professionals will meet at the end of April 2017 to select the prize-winners.
The winning projects will be produced during the year and will be presented at the next Festival Images Vevey from 8 to 30 September 2018.
For their applications, entrants must:
- Submit a brief presentation of the project (in English)
- Upload ten pictures that either relate to their project or are represen tative of their style, drawn from previous works. If none of the ten pictures relate to the project being submitted, entrants should include a brief text explaining their selection.
Shortlisted photographers will be contacted individually by email by the end of March.
They will be required to send a portfolio before 18 April 2017(date as per postmark).
The portfolio must include the following items:
- Ten to fifteen printed pictures that relate to the project or are representative of the photographer’s style, drawn from previous works:
- Maximum format A3 (29.7 x 42 cm).
- The pictures should not be framed, glued or mounted.
- The pictures should be of sufficient quality to give a good idea of the photographer’s style but should not be exhibition prints.
- All printing techniques are admissible (Laser, inkjet, etc.).
- A document with the title and presentation of the proposed project (one A4 page max). Since the jury is international, the text will have to be in English (a French version of the text may be included).
- A production timeline for the proposed project.
- One document containing a biography/CV(one A4 page max).
- If required for the understanding of the project, an appendix may be attached (additional plans, sketches, maps and documents). No more than three appendices will be admissible.
The selection process is carried out in two stages:
• A pre - jury of international experts shortlists a minimum of 50 projects among the applications received online. Shortlisted photographers will be contacted personally and required to send a complete portfolio by mail.
• An international jury consisting of art and photography professionals will pick the winner of the Grand Prix Images Vevey from among the shortlisted portfolios.
Other possible prizes/grants/awards may be given by the Grand Prix Images Vevey jury or selected by specific juries appointed by Images Vevey’s organisers. In this case, neither the composition of the jury nor the selection process will be disclosed.
The subscription fee for this competition is 60 Euro.
Who can participate? ⇣
The competition is open to professional artists and photographers as well as those in training.