Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards 2020 now is over!
Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards, now in its 12th year, continues to engage the global photographic community with the 2020 call for entries inviting all photographers from all over the world, including professionals, amateurs, keen hobbyists and students seeking for fresh and innovative photography.
Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards, now in its 11th year continues to engage the global photographic community with the 2020 Call for Entries.
As in previous years, it seeks fresh and innovative photography from new, emerging and established photographers from around the world.
There are two categories:
• Single Image Portrait (up to 10 images)
• Photo Essay Project Grants (portrait-based photo-essays of up to 12 images on any topic)
• All photographs must be the photographer’s own works. ’Portrait’ may be unrelated, open subject and in any format - may be interpreted in its widest sense, in relation to ’photography concerned with portraying people with the emphasis on their identity as individuals in relation to their surroundings, status, and humanity’. ’Portrait-led’ photo essays must contain portraits of people in the whole context of the project.
• Commercial and advertising images, heavy digitally manipulated or post-processed, HDR (High Dynamic Range) or digitally montaged images are not permissible. eg. heavy vignetting, extreme darkening of skies, toning, filter effects. In-camera multiple exposures are allowed.
• In all categories, minimal digital enhancement is advised, subject to basic darkroom techniques e.g. levels, curves, dodging, burning, minimal sharpening, colour correction. Photographs can be Black and White or Colour, in any format. Photographs must not have any digital borders, keyline, name, personal logos or watermarks. Scanned film images must be free of dust marks and borders. Alternative or vintage processes are allowed and must be appropriately stated, along with the technique and process.
• Submission dimensions 1,500 pixels at its longest edge, saved as .jpg at high quality, approximately 1,000KB in size in SRGB colourspace, Quality 8 and above. Finalists may be required to submit their original RAW or JPEG files for verification.
Judges are looking for essays that are portrait-based with strong visuals and compelling narratives on contemporary issues; cohesive editing with relevant and complementary statements.
The Prize Winners will be announced at an Awards Presentation ceremony and exhibition. This will take place in September 2020 at the ILHAM GALLERY in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Finalists will have their images displayed either via projection or print at the stated partner festivals in 2020.
A shortlisted finalists gallery will be available to view on this website from mid-June 2020.
Single Image Open Category
• 1 to 3 images : $15 per image
• 4 to 6 images : $55 flat rate
• 7 to 10 images : $65 flat rate
Photo Essay Project Grant
• 1 project - $45
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
The Kuala Lumpur International Photo Awards 2020, photography competition is open to photographers, professional and amateurs, from all countries.