Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019 - PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
The call for entries is now open!
The Call for Entries titled Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019 is now open!
CALL FOR ENTRIES - The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, the leading international Photography Competition has been recently opened for entries in its 2019 edition and like every year celebrating and promoting the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
The call for entries for Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019, is now open! This is the leading international photographic portrait competition, which celebrates and promotes the very best in contemporary portrait photography.
Organised by the National Portrait Gallery in London, the Prize has established a reputation for its diversity of photographic styles submitted by a range of photographers, from gifted amateurs and photography students to established professionals.
In the Prize's search for excellence, photographers are encouraged to interpret "portrait" in its widest sense of "photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals".
• All works entered must be the photographer’s own work.
• The photographs must be "Portrait" interpreted in its widest sense, of ‘photography concerned with portraying people with an emphasis on their identity as individuals’.
• All photographs must have been taken by the entrant from life after 1 January 2018. Photographers must, if required, show proof of the date on which the photograph was taken.
• Photographs can be black and white or colour.
• All photographs must be printed on paper (however, if the artistic process requires it, they may be printed on metal or other suitable surfaces). Each photograph must be un-framed and without a window mount.
• They must be no larger than 1015 x 760mm and 20 kilos in weight (there are no limitations on how small a work can be). The image may be smaller than the paper size.
• The photographer must write their name, address, daytime telephone, email address and title of work (indicating if it is part of a series if relevant) on the back of each photograph.
• All works must be submitted in either transparent protective sleeves (preferred) or similar transparent cover in order to protect during judging.
• Photographers may submit up to 6 individual portraits or portraits in a series. A ‘series’ may mean either a group of separate portraits around a particular theme, or a number of pictures that when shown together combine to make up a single portrait work. The judges may choose to display a series in its entirety within the exhibition.
Digital Upload of Image(s):
The first round of judging is completed digitally.
• a digital image (or images from a series) must be uploaded onto the website.
• Each image must be saved as a JPG/JPEG and be smaller than 3 MB. Each image must also be at least 800 pixels on its shortest side (depending on whether it is portrait or landscape format). To ensure that the image is of the best quality given the file size we recommend saving the file as 72 PPI.
All entrants will be notified if their work has been selected for the second round of judging by 10 July 2019.
Only if the Photographer’s work has been selected for the second round of judging will they need to organize the delivery of their photograph(s) to the collection point between 15 and 19 July 2019.
All images will be viewed by a panel of judges and the entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to a venue in London for the final round of physical judging.
Photographers selected for the exhibition will need to provide the Gallery with a TIFF file of their photograph for use in the catalogue and exhibition marketing campaign. This file would need to be a minimum of 350dpi, 4800 pixels on the shortest side.
The judges will award cash prizes to one or more shortlisted photographers.
Entry fee is 30 GBP per photograph entered.
Who can enter?
The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019 is open to everyone aged 18 and over from around the world. Previous winners of the Prize, since and including 2008, are not eligible to enter the competition.
The winner of the competition will receive 15,000 GBP. All selected works will appear in the exhibition catalogue.
All entrants have the unique opportunity to buy a special edition of the exhibition catalogue, featuring all the selected artists, an essay by a leading author, and a note of thanks and facsimile signature of the Director of the National Portrait Gallery. The special edition is only available to entrants and will not be available through the Gallery shops or online.
For all further informations about the Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2019 or to submit your works visit the following official website: