Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2019 now is over!
Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2019: Rossiya Segodnya International Information Agency is currently accepting entries for the Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2019 for young photojournalists aged 18 to 33.
Photography competition, Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2019, organised by Rossiya Segodnya International Information Agency , Russia’s only platform for discovering new photojournalists, has been recently opened for entries, open to all young professional photographers around the world of at least 18 years of age and not older than 33.
The aims of this competition is to promote young photographers and support them in their strive for professional perfection.
Every year, the contest allows young photojournalists from around the globe to show what moves and concerns them. Among the main issues contestants address are global humanitarian challenges, preserving national identity and traditions, social equality and environment.
The 2019 contest have a five following categories:
1. Top News - Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
2. Sports - This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
3. My Planet - This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicolored palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
4. Portrait - A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
5. Inspiration - The photos in this category focus on using the camera to capture the positive creative energy that accompanies the creative process. Any work that was inspired or became the manifestation of inspiration itself, whether it’s a landscape, a colorful genre or ethnic shot, or a portrait of a child or adult taken in different styles using various techniques, are eligible to participate.
Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs. Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable. Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
Photos will be uploaded in the JPG format. The acceptable compression will not exceed 10. The image is to be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
The file name must contain the serial number of the photograph, name and last name of the author, title and year it was shot, separated by underscores, for example: 01_Smith_James_The_Spring_2011. The name of the file must be given in Latin script. The file size must not exceed 20 Mb. The file must also contain all the EXIF data.
Photographs must have been taken after January 1, 2018. In exceptional cases, series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such case, the last photograph of the series must have been taken in 2018 or 2019.
The jury will award three prizes in each category as well as a Grand Prize.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
This photography competition is open to all young photojournalists aged between 18 and 33 years old.
There is no entry fee to participate!