Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2016 now is over!
14th annual photography competition International Travel Photographer of the Year TPOTY is now opened for entries with new category themes waiting for all amateur or professional, beginner or expert, young or old photographers around the world to submit they best photos.
TPOTY photography competitionis about more than prizes. It offers massive exposure for your work through our media activities, photographer profiles and exhibitions.
This competition has a range of categories and themes to challenge your skill and creativity. This year you can choose between following categories:
- Three Portfolio categories
- Three One Shot categories
- Smart Shot category
- New Talent category
- HD Video category, Travel Shorts
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year award (with two different age groups)
- Award for the overall winner - the Travel Photographer of the Year 2016
Choose the category/categories you wish to enter and are eligible for. You can enter any category more than once except for New Talent. New Talent can be entered only once, but you may also enter any other categories for which you are eligible.
By submitting two or more "Portfolio" entries you will automatically be eligible for the top award and title "Travel Photographer of the Year".
The awards are judged by leading photographers and experts in the field, whose distinction and integrity add greatly to the prestige that comes with being one of our winners - or even being shortlisted.
But whether you’re a winner or not, it’s also about fun – the fun of challenging yourself to shoot to a theme, to look at your images with fresh eyes, to be a part of the TPOTY experience.
Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2016 entry fees are £8 for the single image categories, £15 for portfolios, New Talent and HD Video categories and entry for Young TPOTY is free.
For further information about this competition please visit the official website.
Entry is open to anyone except those directly involved in the running of the competition or judging. Any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 19 years and over, from any country, can enter the three Portfolio categories and anyone can enter the three Single Image ‘One Shot’ categories, the new Smart Shot category and the HD Video category. The New Talent and Young Travel Photographer of the Year categories all have restrictions on entry as follows:
- New Talent is for photographic students, and amateur or semi-professional photographers only. Entrants must be aged 19 or above. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter this category and photographic status will be checked before any prizes are awarded.
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year is for photographers aged 18 years and under. There are two age categories – aged 14 years and under, aged 15 to 18 years.