| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Untold Stories: MEI’s 2019 Photography Contest - International Photography competition
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The Middle East Institute (MEI) is pleased to announce 3rd call for submissions for its annual digital photography contest: Untold Stories, this time seeking photographs with a story to tell about the people, places, history and culture of the Middle East and North Africa.
The Middle East Institute (MEI) Digital Photo Contest now is opened for entries! This year's contest seeks photographs with a story to tell about the people, places, history and culture of the Middle East and North Africa (defined as the region from Morocco to Afghanistan, and including Turkey).
Organiser particularly invite submissions that showcase underrepresented communities and traditions, and highlight the vibrant and diverse spirit of the region. Creativity in interpreting the theme is highly encouraged, and submissions from all genres and skill levels are welcome.
The Middle East Institute (MEI) particularly invites submissions that showcase underrepresented communities and traditions, and highlight the vibrant and diverse spirit of the region. Creativity in interpreting the theme is highly encouraged, and submissions from all genres and skill levels are welcome.
The Middle East Institute (MEI) is committed to increasing knowledge of the Middle East among the citizens of the United States, and to promoting a better understanding between the people of these two areas.
• The subject matter of submissions must pertain to the Middle East, but photographs need not have been taken there.
• Each entry must be a single photograph. Detailed captions are highly encouraged.
• Excessive adjustments to color, contrast, density, or saturation are not permitted, nor should any element be added to or removed from the photograph by any means. Photograph backgrounds may not be digitally altered or blurred; frames, borders, and added text is not permitted.
• Photographers are limited to 5 entries total.
• Previously published material is not eligible.
• Each image should be rendered as an RGB or Grayscale file. Do not use CMYK.
• Final individual image size should be at least 10-12.5 inches longest dimension at 250 DPI, or 2500-3000 pixels longest dimension. Uncompressed RGB file size should be about 10-15 megabytes. File size after compression would be about 2-5 megabytes.
• Save images as large JPEG files, and use Baseline (“Standard”).
Photos will be reviewed by a panel of volunteer judges who will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prize winners, as well as a number of Honorable Mentions.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and relevance to the contest theme.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
The Middle East Institute (MEI) Digital Photo Contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• First Prize: $500
• Second Prize: $250
• Third Prize: $150
• Honorable Mentions: $75 each
Winning photos will be exhibited at the Middle East Institute and auctioned at MEI’s Annual Gala on 12 November 2019 in Washington, D.C. to support MEI’s arts and educational programs.
For all further informations about the Untold Stories: MEI’s 2019 Photography Contest visit the following official website: