| by InfoDesigners
Urban Photographer of the Year is the largest Photography Competition of its kind, celebrating the richness and diversity of city life around the world by challenging both amateur and professional photographers alike to capture the essence of the urban environment.
This year’s theme is 'Cities of Connections: People, Places, and Perspectives'.
• Photos must be in .jpg format;
• Photos must at least 300 dpi;
• Photos must be saved in RGB/SRGB colour;
• Photos must be between 1MB and 8MB in size; and
• The Photo cannot have previously won any promotion or competition of any kind.
• Watermarks are allowed but not encouraged. If your photo is selected as a winner, you will be expected to supply a photograph without a watermark for use in any competition promotion, including the Urban Photographer of the Year coffee table book.
Photos may be submitted that have been taken on a mobile device.
The Contest invites the entrant to submit original photos capturing what the entrant considers to be the essence of 'The Connected City', at any time of day, be it poignant, inspiring, quirky or amusing. You may enter one image for each hour of the day up to 24 images in total per person.
Photos will be evaluated by the Judges as a panel in accordance with the following skills-based judging criteria:
• Creativity & style
• Image or print presentation
• Centre of interest
• Colour balance
• Technical excellence
• Photographic technique
• Story telling & subject matter
Judging will take place in December 2017 and January 2018.
For Photos submitted by an entrant that is over 18, the Photo that receives the highest total scores based on the Judging Criteria for each hour of the day will be deemed a finalist.
Copyright in all Photos remains the property of the entrant at all times.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
This competition is open wordlwide to individuals 13 years of age or older as of date of entry.
The overall competition winner will receive a photography trip of a lifetime to a destination of their choice for themselves and a friend. Previous winners have visited locations including Turkey, Morocco, Bhutan and Namibia.
• Three Regional Prizes: Photography drone
• One winner per 24-hour category (24 winners in total): Camera bag
• One mobile winner: Go Pro Package
• Youth category winner (16–18): Go Pro Package
• Youth category winner (13–15): Go Pro Package
For all further informations about the Urban Photographer Of The Year 2018 visit the following official website here.