World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2015 now is over!
World Nomads Travel Photography Scholarship 2015: This is your opportunity to be mentored by a professional photographer on assignment in Nepal and to capture the beauty of this stunning country and the resilient spirit of its people. From the snow-capped slopes of the Himalayas to the colourful local festivals, Nepal is a photographer’s dream destination.
This is your chance to showcase your photography talents and unique perspective. The aim of the scholarship is the give the winner a foot in the door to the travel photography industry, so you’ll need to convince us that you are the best person to send.
Your photo essay should showcase your:
- Ability to convey a story through photos (and their captions)
- Excellent technique
To apply, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Shoot your photo story (maximum of 5 images).
- Your images must tell a story about a place you have visited. ’Place’ may be anywhere; somewhere in your own community or much further away. Each of the 5 shots must have accompanying caption text (1-2 sentences) to help contextualise the shot.
- Craft a 1500-character essay telling us what winning this scholarship would mean to you and why we should choose you.
- Your written essay will have significant weighting in the judging process, so think carefully about why you should be chosen.
- Tell us about yourself, your passions, why you love photography, what drives you to take a better shot, where you would like to go with your photography etc. Help us form a picture in our mind of you as a person with your text.
- Complete the application form including your personal details along with uploading your photos.
You can submit only one entry per person.
This photography competition is open to any non-professional photography students or keen amateurs/pro-amateurs looking build a career in travel photography of all nationalities(subject to obtaining a visa to enter Nepal) older that 18.
However, you must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.
You must have a current, valid passport and you must be available as per the dates set out. Please note these dates are not changeable in any way.
You must be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved as well as a number of late nights!
You should be an exceptional photographer with a lust for adventure, have a strong desire to be mentored and grow your photographic knowledge and skills, an ambition to forge a career in travel photography.