Envision Kindness 2018 Photo Contest now is over!
Envision Kindness 2018 Photo Contest: Envision Kindness is hosting its photography contest for 2018 themed ’Our World is Kind’ inviting all photographers around the world to participate.
Envision Kindness 2018 Photo Contest now is calling for entries and like every yaer themed "Our World is Kind", invites all photographers around the world to participate.
Envision Kindness is a nonprofit (charity) organization based in Connecticut, USA, that promotes kindness, compassion and empathy through sharing of images and stories of kindness.The more positive content they share, the more compassionate, empathetic and connected their communities can be and that is why they need you. Share your pictures of kindness with them—and the world—to inspire and uplift others.
Do you believe the world can be a kinder and happier place? Science shows that exposure to images of kindness can help people be kinder and more generous. These images can also make people happier, more grateful, and more optimistic. And kind, happy, grateful, and optimistic people are healthier, too!
Organizer are seeking photos from talented photographers around the world that can inspire kindness. The objective for this contest is to capture as many photographic perspectives and stories about kindness, compassion, and empathy, and then share them with as many people as possible. Your photographic eye and humanity are critical to this. That is, can you capture kindness in its many forms?
The question is "What is a kind image?". Below there is a bit of inspiration to help you capture these impactful moments.
• KIND PEOPLE - We see kindness in people everyday – in people we know and those we haven’t met yet. People lending a hand, helping others, sharing a meal, a smile and paying it forward.
• KINDNESS IN NATURE - There is kindness in animals, in the heart shape leaf, hikers lending a hand, giving shelter from the natural elements and more. When we take the time, we can see kindness all around.
• KINDNESS IN THE COMMUNITY - Our communities are filled with kindness! At work, in churches, non-profits, fundraising efforts, in our public spaces and shops. Showcase the kindness that ties us all together.
• 1 photo per submission. Maximum 5 photos per photographer.
• All submissions must be a high quality digital jpg file.
• Submissions should be jpg files with max compression rate (12) and at least 2000 Pixels on long dimension at 200 dpi (3000 pixels at 300 dpi preferred) up to 10MB file size.
Submissions openAugust 2, 2018 and close November 3, 2018 at 11:59 pm EDT.
The top 20 point recipients will qualify as finalists. The voting period is between November 7, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. and November 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST. An email will be sent to anyone submitting a photo about online voting before it opens.
An additional 20 photographs will be selected by the Envision Kindness staff as finalists that are not in the top vote recipients. The judging panel will then pick the winners from the 40 finalists. Public choice winner is selected by points.
Winners announced in December, 2018.
There is no entry fees to participate!
Envision Kindness 2018 Photo Contest is open to all photographers 18 years of age and older.
There is no entry fee to participate!