| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
Go Wild Stay Cultured 2018 International Nature and Culture Photo Contest - International Photography contest
This competition has expired on
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Photography Contest organised by CEEweb for Biodiversity and titled “Go Wild! Stay Cultured.”, is a new competitive call for entries recently announced to mark the European Year of Cultural Heritage that invites you to join them on this journey of discovery.
To mark the European Year of Cultural Heritage, CEEweb for Biodiversity launches “Go Wild! Stay Cultured.” - International Nature and Culture Photo Contest for 2018.
Nature and culture can both be on their own a fertile source of inspiration. What happens when they are interlinked? Today, you are invited to join them on this journey of discovery by taking part in their photo contest.
“Go Wild! Stay Cultured.” explores the inter linkage of culture and Natura 2000 areas. Natura 2000 is the largest European sites network for the protection of habitats and species: a milestone in preserving biodiversity and a remarkable symbol of our cultural and natural heritage. You can have a look at this map to find out which Natura 2000 sites are closer to you.
Share your photos showing your interpretation of culture and nature connections e.g. how culture is inspired by nature or what natural places have a value for culture. The pictures should be coming from Natura 2000 sites, the largest network of protected areas in Europe. Raise your voice on the importance of preserving natural habitats, especially for protected animal and plant species.
• It is accepted digital photos only.
• Your photography need to be saved in JPEG. or .jpg, minimum size: 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image), maximum size: 20 megabytes.
• You can send maximum 3 photos by mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or by WeTransfer.
• A caption is obligatory and has to present the circumstances in which the photo was taken in a clear way (max 150 words).
• Manipulated photos will not be accepted.
• You have to be both the photographer and the copyright owner for all the images submitted.
CEEweb selection panel will pre-select 30 photos, based on the selection criteria. The 3 winners will be selected.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
• Message strength: the authenticity of content and how it conveys contest’s message
• Creativity: creative and original approach to the subject
• Photographic quality
All the submitted photographs will be uploaded to the Go Wild! Stay Cultured. Instagram page, starting from 23 July 2018 and to the online gallery on the CEEweb website. The public voting will open on Monday 19 November at 11:00 a.m. CET and close on Monday 3 December at 3:00 p.m. CET. One person can vote one time, for 3 photos.
Winners will be announced on 5th December 2018.
There is no entry fees to participate in this contest!
It's free to enter!
Prizes with a total value of 1,500 Euro will be awarded. There will be a total of three Jury winners. A Public vote and a People’s choice winner will also be announced. All winners will be awarded disincentive non-monetary prizes.
For all further informations about the Go Wild Stay Cultured 2018 International Nature and Culture Photo Contest visit the following official website: