The Nikon Small World - Photomicrography Competition, regarded as the leading forum for showcasing the beauty and complexity of life as seen through the light microscope, recently has announced new call for entries for 2020, inviting anyone with an interest in photography through the microscope to participate.
• Nikon Small World
• Nikon Small World In Motion - encompasses any movie or digital time-lapse photography taken through the microscope and adds a new, distinct discipline to the competition.
• Each entrant may submit up to 3 images for judging.
• Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of microscopes. All types of light microscopy and specimens are acceptable. Electron and any other microscopes that do not capture imagery using optical light technology are not permitted. The use of Nikon equipment is not required.
• Images must be in jpeg, png, psd, or tiff format and videos in flv, mp4, mpg, wmv, avi, mov format. Please submit the highest quality image with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution. For images on film, a 35mm mounted transparency will be accepted. Glass mounts are not accepted. Images awarded in other Photomicrography Competitions are not eligible.
Small World in Motion entries are further limited to:
• Movie length of no more than 60 seconds.
• The use of sound is not permitted.
• It is not permitted to add graphics of any kind.
• Informational Content
• Technical Proficiency
• Artistic and Visual Impact
Entries must be received no later than April 30, 2020. Entries received after that date will be automatically rolled in to the following year’s competition.
Prizewinners will be notified by August 15, 2020.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
The Nikon Small World Competition 2020 is open to anyone with an interest in photography through the microscope. Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible.