TAM-TAM Institute, in collaboration with Radio Student, is announcing the 12th international PLAKTIVAT competition in designing a city poster on the topic of “The Crisis of the Media”.
The mass media is in serious crisis. Their quantity is increasing, abounding with ever more superficial commentary and increasingly poor quality of content. The digital revolution gave rise to the primacy of online journalism, which places presentation before content. The media’s ever-greater dependency on the market is reflected in thoughtful innovations in surreptitious advertising erasing the line between commercial and editorial content with perfected efficiency. With individuals depending exceedingly, in some cases even exclusively, on social media for their news, the “Crisis of the Media” has never been more relevant.
The change in media structure reduces the level to which we are informed and simultaneously reduces our critical scrutiny of the media content. We believe everything we read and demand fast, superficial explanations of complex issues. We can always find an explanations that fits our worldview. We lack a critical attitude to media content, which also degrades journalism, and with no engaged public there is no need for engaged media. Submission requirements:
A creative poster solution must include a “call to action” promoting activation using the hash-tag #fastfoodnovica.
Your creative solution must fit the format of TAM-TAM city posters. Take note that the posters are located outside in the streets and design your poster accordingly, so that it will be legible and communicate its message well in the multitude of visual stimuli of the street environment. Consider that city posters are usually initially noticed from a distance of a few metres (we only get up-close later) – think about how to grab attention and how much text a city poster can take etc. In line with articles 22 and 23 of the Public Use of the Slovene Language Act, any text in a public environment must be in Slovene or alternatively the Slovene version must not be less prominent than the text in a foreign language.
The poster must also be in line with PLAKTIVAT’s visual identity, and include PLAKTIVAT’s pre-prepared logos in the designated manner.
PRINT FILE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• document size must be 27.2 × 39.8 cm (the actual poster will be five times larger – 136 × 199 cm)
• template files (AI, INDD and PDF) are included in the documentation
• submitted file must be in PDF format with
• bitmap (raster) elements must have resolution of 300 DPI
• the file must have 2 mm of bleed area and crop marks
REVIEW FILE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• submitted file must be in JPG format with RGB color mode
• file must have resolution of 2050 × 3000 px
• file size must not exceed 1.5 MB
• do not include bleed area and crop marks in this file
• Technical suitability (Competition requirements)
• Taking into account the specifics of TAM-TAM city posters
• Innovative approach
• Communication clarity
• Positivity of the message
The jury reserves the right to select two or more winning creative solutions. Results will be published in June 2019 on facebook and twitter.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The 12th Plaktivat Poster Design Competition is open to all creators, individuals as well as agencies and companies, who want to help create our common living environment.
• The winning poster will be printed and published on 500 TAM-TAM city posters across Slovenia,
• It will be automatically entered in the competitions of the Slovenian Advertising Festival SOF and the Brumen biennial of Slovenian Design,
• The winner receives Plaktivat’s MEGAFON and a winning plaque,
• All participants receive a plaque commemorating their participation, awarded by the organizer of Plaktivat, TAM-TAM Institute.
Filed under ⇣
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://tam-tam.si/plaktivat12eng/