2019 San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition, has been recently opened for entries for 2019 inviting all design professionals, artists and students from all over the world to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF.
San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) is now accepting submissions for the 2019 International Poster Competition that will take a place from 14–24 March, 2019.
SDLFF was born out of a desire to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema, to challenge the reigning and ever-present stereotypes about the Latino experience in movies, and to give Latino filmmakers the power of telling and sharing their stories, first-hand, about what it means to be Latino.
Submit an iconic design that captures the essence of our annual celebration of Latino film, music, and art for a chance to be the face of the festival.
The submitted poster designs should celebrate the core values of the Festival and the passion for Latino culture.
• Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be used to compose the design.
• Format: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 150 DPI (RGB), 4 MB. If you make it past the preliminary round of entries, you’re also required to submit your artwork in Digital Format, 11” wide x17” high at 300 DPI (CMYK).
• Artwork must include a brief description of your artwork.
A panel of distinguished judges will select the winning poster according to the following criteria:
1. Clarity and originality of message - judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrates San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its joyful, forward-thinking and inclusive values.
2. Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences - poster design must appeal to general audiences & corporate Sponsors (ALL age groups & gender).
Poster must NOT include: nudity, weapons, offensive imagery, and derogatory text. We expect artists to exercise their best judgement in making creative decisions.
3. Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture - your artwork must be FREE of any generalizations about the Latino culture. This includes but is not limited to: stereotypical imagery, icons specific to one country, and uninspired stock visuals. Icons that may NOT be represented in the design include: chiles, nachos, skulls, papel picado, piñatas, cactuses, sombreros, etc.
4. Design (type, color, composition, craft) - keep in mind this is our 25th SPECIAL EDITION.
Your poster design must contain the festival name (San Diego Latino Film Festival) and, in celebration of the 25th Anniversary, the number “25” may be featured prominently. Colorful designs are prefered. The number “25” may or may not be silver.
5. Versatility for application on other media - your poster design must be functional – Your design will be used in advertisements, catalogue, website and other marketing materials.
There is no entry fees for this competition!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
The San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition is open to individuals, teams and design firms from around the world.