Cities for Pedestrians! Call for Submissions now is over!
IPoP – Institute for Spatial Policies in partnership with TAM-TAM Institute announces an international poster design competition on the topic of pedestrian-friendly cities of the future: Cities for Pedestrians!
IPoP – Institute for Spatial Policies in partnership with TAM-TAM Institute announces an international poster design competition on the topic of pedestrian-friendly cities of the future: ’Cities for Pedestrians!
Because images strongly mark people’s opinions, and consequently behaviour, through the competition Cities for Pedestrians! and the depiction of pedestrian friendly cities, we wish to remind people that there are numerous reasons to choose walking. Walking as a mode of transport is not just a form of sustainable mobility, because of the accessibility of services, walking should be a logical choice for everyone when running every day errands in cities. Organiser are looking for a humane vision of cities of the future, putting humans in the foreground.
Whom are organisers addressing?
• The primary target group includes inhabitants of middle-sized cities, who live in apartment neighbourhoods outside the core city centre, holders of a valid driver’s license, young parents, who perform the majority of their nearby and short-distance daily errands by car.
• The secondary target group includes people who already walk and whom we want to encourage that they act appropriately, for their own good as well as of society and nature.
Creative solution should comply with the TAM-TAM city poster format; located outside it has to be designed in such a way as to be visible, legible and communicating message despite the multitude of visual stimuli of a street environment. Any text on a poster set in public space should be written in the Slovene language, or alternatively the Slovene version should not be less prominent than the text in a foreign language.
To assure visual harmony with the integral visual image of the competition and Pešec project, it is necessary to apply graphic template and other elements for the poster design, as well as to follow the guidelines for files preparation. For more details consult the official website.
The jury will respect the following criteria when making its selection:
• Communication value (compatibility with the creative brief),
• Technical suitability (competition demands),
• Consideration of the TAM-TAM city poster specifics,
• Innovative approach,
• Communication clarity (call to action),
• Positiveness of the message.
The competition results will be published by mid-May 2019 on the pesec.si website and on the two partners’ websites and social network pages.
A curated selection of works will be presented in the form of a pop-up gallery at a selected location in Ljubljana within the 2019 European mobility week, taking place from September 16 – 22.
There is no entry fee to participate!
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
This poster competition is open to enyone wishing to co-create common living space.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!