New International poster competition titled Poster for___. is hosted by Shangning Wang as part of his project and call to action, to show ones attitude on poster design.
These days, with the world’s most critical problems increasingly catching people’s attention and vehemently debated, poster design has become more and more influential in making changes and will definitely be more powerful in the future. The Poster for project is a call to action—show your attitude on poster design and let your audience know what you are designing posters for.
"What are you designing posters for? Are you designing for environment protection, education, water safety, child protection, or any other global issue? Are you designing for social awareness, or maybe you are designing posters for yourself. What is the role of poster design? What are the challenges to poster designers? To answer these questions, we need to step back and think about how we understand and consider poster design."
Poster for___. includes following categories:
The primary competition:
• Poster for Climate Change
The secondary competitions:
• Poster for Child
• Poster for Ocean Protection
• Poster for Education
• Poster for Water
Submit and Technical Requirements:
• Submissions can be sent from June 26th, 2018 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Email’s details must include: name, age, gender, country, email address. The subject of the email must be "Poster Submission".
• File name: Name_Last name_ Country_ Name of Poster
• The number of submissions is unlimited.
• All files and emails should be filled with Latin letters only.
• Submitted posters should be vertical format of jpg or pdf, and sized 70 x 100 cm in 200 dpi. Maximum size of file is 20MB. The color mode must be CMYK.
• Do not accept Zip files
Final-list and winners announcement is scheduled for October 15th 2018.
The selected posters will be featured on the Posterfor.com and relevant social media. Winners will be exhibited in following international exhibitions.
Winners that are chosen for the exhibition will be asked to send physical poster to the organizer, or send the fee of print production. The fee is $30 (USD) per entry — payable via PayPal or Alipay.
There is no entry fees to partecipate in this competition!
It's free to enter!
Designers all around the world, including students are welcomed to participate, and there is no limitation in terms of age or nationality.
All awarded designers will receive an Award Certificate via email.