San Diego Latino Film Festival International Poster Competition now is over!
Poster competition San Diego Latino Film Festival(SDLFF), has been recently opened for entries for 2017 inviting all design professionals, artists and students from all over the world to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF.
The winning artwork of this poster competition will be the face of the 25th edition of the SDLFF. Winner design will receive national and international exposure, including but not limited to: the cover of the Official SDLFF 2018 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts, ads and web banners.
San Diego Latino Film Festival was born out of a desire to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema, to challenge the reigning and ever-present stereotypes about the Latino experience in movies, and to give Latino filmmakers the power of telling and sharing their stories, first-hand, about what it means to be Latino.
The commemorative poster design should celebrate the core values of the Festival and the passion for Latino culture.
• Computer graphics, as well as paintings, may be used to compose the design.
• Format: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 150 DPI (RGB), 4 MB. If you make it past the preliminary round of entries, you’re also required to submit your artwork in Digital Format, 11” wide x17” high at 300 DPI (CMYK).
• Artwork must include a brief description of your artwork.
A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, and art educators) will vote on the winning poster and finalists.
A poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
1. Clarity and originality of message - judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrates San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its joyful, forward-thinking and inclusive values.
2. Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences - poster design must appeal to general audiences & corporate Sponsors (ALL age groups & gender).
Poster must NOT include: nudity, weapons, offensive imagery, and derogatory text. We expect artists to exercise their best judgement in making creative decisions.
3. Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture - your artwork must be FREE of any generalizations about the Latino culture. This includes but is not limited to: stereotypical imagery, icons specific to one country, and uninspired stock visuals.
Icons that may NOT be represented in the design include: chiles, nachos, skulls, papel picado, piñatas, cactuses, sombreros, etc.
4. Design (type, color, composition, craft) - keep in mind this is our 25th SPECIAL EDITION.
Your poster design must contain the festival name (San Diego Latino Film Festival) and, in celebration of the 25th Anniversary, the number “25” may be featured prominently. Colorful designs are prefered. The number “25” may or may not be silver.
5. Versatility for application on other media - your poster design must be functional – Your design will be used in advertisements, catalogue, website and other marketing materials.
SDLFF 2018 is scheduled for 15th-25th March, 2018.
There is no entry fee for this competition!
For further information about this competition please visit the official website.
No Entry FeeThere is no entry fee to participate!
This competition is open to designers of all professional levels.