World Food Day Poster Contest 2018 now is over!
World Food Day Poster Contest 2018 is opening for entries calling on children and teens all over the world, from age 5 to 19, to use their imagination and create a poster that illustrates their idea of Zero Hunger.
Poster competition organised by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) titled World Food Day Poster Contest 2018 has been recently opened for entries calling on children and teens all over the world, from age 5 to 19, to use their imagination and create a poster that illustrates their idea of Zero Hunger.
World Food Day 2018 will mark the 73rd anniversary of FAO’s founding. One of the most celebrated days in the UN calendar, events organized by FAO country offices, governments, local authorities and other partners in over 130 countries across the world will call for increased action to achieve Zero Hunger.
"Did you know that there are 815 million people in the world that go to bed hungry, while 1.9 billion people are overweight? The world has set a challenge to achieve Zero Hunger and better nutrition by 2030. But governments can’t do it alone - everyone has a role to play."
The competition is divided into four categories:
• ages 5 to 8
• ages 9 to 12
• ages 13 to 15
• ages 16 to 19
• Young minds can be inspired by the World Food Day Activity Book that explains what Zero Hunger is all about, and how everyone needs to come together and take action to reach this global goal.
• Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
• Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Languages permitted include: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Japanese.
• All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
• Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
• Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
• Only 1 entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee before 5 December 2018. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement. 3 winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category. Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email by 5 December 2018.
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This poster competition is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world. The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!