The Industrial Design Centre (IDC) of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is currently accepting entries for the Typography Day 2018 Poster Design Competition.
The 2018 edition of Typography Day will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to Typography and Education. Beside workshops and conference, Typography Day will also host a Poster Design Competition.
This year competition is themed: Beauty, Form and Function in Typography.
Participants are called to design a poster exploring and experimenting with Typography.
• Each participant is allowed a maximum of 3 entries,
• Size of the final poster: 420mm x 600mm only in portrait format. Resolution: 300 dpi - File type: JPEG or PDF - Color Mode: CMYK.
• You need to submit the solution along with a brief write-up of around 150 words.
Entries can contain:
• The Language, Script and Typeface of your choice. You can make use of one letter, one word, many words or even a paragraph composed of words.
• Calligraphic or digitally created letterforms or existing fonts, or a combination of these.
Typography Day will be organized for the eleventh time on 1st to 3rd March 2018 at Sir J J Institute of Applied Arts, Mumbai in collaboration with the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya. The event will include an international conference which will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
This competition is open to students, faculty and professionals from all over the world.
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: http://www.typoday.in/poster.html