Leading Gardening Company recently has been organised new product competition titled Battery Lawn Tools seeking for the design of new products dedicated to gardening, through the organization of two competition open to all creatives, that will take place simultaneously in order to facilitate the creation of a range of products sharing the same family feeling: Battery Lawn Tools and Battery Lawn Powerhead.
In particular, Battery Lawn Tools is looking for a new range of products dedicated to a consumer target, made of three battery handheld tools and of the battery (employed by all the products of both contests). They should all be coherent in terms of design, with an innovative and minimal style and a particular attention to ergonomics and usability.
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
The family of handheld battery tools you are invited to design shall have the same family feeling. In particular, you are invited to focus on the following products:
2) Hedge trimmer
The products you are invited to design are part of a range of products dedicated to domestic gardens; accordingly they have to share the stylistic and formal aspects that one may trace back to a shared code, easily distinguishable by the final consumer. Here are some common aspects you are invited to follow for all the products.
Ergonomics: fundamental aspects which are common to all products are ergonomics and the attention for the user experience, employing soft-grip finishes in the various handles and taking good care of all the other aspects related to interaction and handling (command interface, etc.). Another important aspect is the balance of the tool, that shall ensure a comfortable usage. Other meaningful aspects are safety and lightness.
Style: the style of the products you design shall be sober, elegant and modern, it shall convey a sense of solidity and reliability, while preserving a sense of lightness in the shapes. The lines shall be fluid and clean, with an organic design, simple and minimal shapes. The edges shall be rounded and clean.
In order to increase the family feeling inside the range of products (including the powerhead , subject of the Battery Lawn Powerhead contest) you are invited to think of possible stylistic elements shared by all the products that may become a distinguishing feature for the brand.
Colour: the products you design will have two colours of your choice, with two different proportions and finishes. In particular, a dark colour with matte finish , that will cover 60% of the tool and a light colour with glossy finish , that will cover the remaining 40% of the tool . As far as the proportions are concerned, keep into consideration the complete tool with the battery installed.
Logo: you are required to include the logo on every product, that for the purposes of the contest you will substitute with the wording:“logo”. In particular, you are invited to include the logo on the left side and on the right side of every tool, considering the orientation while it is being used. On the right side, in addition to the logo also include the model code of the tool that for the contest purposes you will substitute with the wording:“XYZ123”. The logo will be applied either through pad printing or embossed on the mould.
The range of products you are invited to design shall be addressed to a consumer, non-professional target, for the maintenance of the home garden, made of lawn, hedge and bushes.
You are also invited to employ the least possible number of components (and thus of moulds), in order to keep the production costs at the lowest.
In order to better present your projects, you are invited to submit the whole family of products with a single submission (upload), using the five slots available and the archive, showing at least one view of the whole family, the single tools and the battery. You are finally invited to attach the 3D files used for the project in .igs or .step formats, inside the .ZIP archive to attach from the upload page. The sponsor will take into account the following criteria, each assigned a value between 1 and 5 according to its importance:
- Stylistic coherence between the various products (5/5)
- Functionality/usability (5/5)
- Compactness (4/5)
- Aesthetic quality and project presentation (4/5)
- Degree of innovation (3/5)
There is no entry fee for this competition!
It's free to enter!
This competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Battery Lawn Tools” will be accepted.
Further Informations ⇣
For all further information about you need to consult the official website: https://desall.com/Contest/Battery-Lawn-Tools/Brief