Battery Lawn Powerhead - PRODUCT DESIGN AWARD
| by InfoDesigners
This competition has expired on
Battery Lawn Powerhead
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this product design award:
Battery Lawn Powerhead is the new product competition realised by Leading Gardening Company on Desall to create a new engine body (powerhead) for lawn mowers, containing engine and batteries, suitable for models of different size and power.
Leading Gardening Company recently has been organised new product competition titled Battery Lawn Powerhead seeking for the design of new products dedicated to gardening.
Battery Lawn Powerhead is looking for the design of new products dedicated to gardening, through the organization of two contests open to all creatives, that will take place simultaneously in order to facilitate the creation of a range of products sharing the same family feeling : Battery Lawn Tools and Battery Lawn Powerhead . In particular, Battery Lawn Powerhead is looking for the design of a new powerhead, namely the body containing batteries and engine for a line of lawn mowers, and of the respective battery .
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
Product typology: you are invited to design the powerhead, that is the body containing the batteries and the engine for a line of lawn mowers, and the battery. The powerhead shall host a brushless engine, two batteries, needed to provide power, and two controllers.
1) POWERHEAD (BODY WITH BATTERIES AND ENGINE) The powerhead is the main focus of the contest and constitutes the element mounted on the top of the lawn mower chassis, inside which the batteries, the engine, connected to the cutting group, and two controllers are hosted. The maximum bulk volume of the powerhead shall be about 353x270x160mm (LxWxH) but you are free to reduce the size at your will, as long as you find a way to house all the elements described.
Battery compartment: you are invited to think of a housing system for two batteries that will have to be entirely enclosed inside a compartment and easily accessible through a door or similar device, thus protected from possible water sprays and rain. You are also required to include a practical insertion and release mechanism for the batteries that ensure an easy use for the customer.
Ventilation grids: In order to ensure the correct cooling of the engine, of the batteries and of the controllers, you are required to include inlet air grids, making sure that water may not get inside the powerhead. In particular, the air circulation is generated by a fan placed inside the engine end bell (not subject of the contest), that thus requires some ducts that may channel the air inside the powerhead , ensuring a good air circulation towards the engine and the remaining components.
Powerhead versatility: the powerhead shall also be suitable for several lawn mower models, with different features and size: the design will accordingly have to be compact and versatile, able to adapt from an aesthetic point of view also to models that have no grass catcher.
Colour: the powerhead you design will have two colours of your choice, with two different proportions and finishes. In particular, a dark colour with matte finish, that will cover 60% of the powerhead and a light colour with glossy finish, that will cover the remaining 40%.
Style: the style of the powerhead shall be sober, elegant and modern, it shall convey a sense of solidity and reliability, while preserving a sense of lightness in the shapes. The lines shall be fluid and clean, with an organic design, simple and minimal shapes. The edges shall be rounded and clean. In order to increase the family feeling inside the range of products (including the battery tools) you are invited to think of possible stylistic elements shared by all the products that may become a distinguishing feature for the brand (e.g. grids, etc.).
Materials: the structure of the powerhead shall be light, in ABS , PA6 , PP or polycarbonate, mainly employing injection moulding technologies. You may also use other materials, for example metal insertions , to create stylistic elements of your choice.
Logo: on the design of the powerhead you are required to include the logo, that for the purposes of the contest you will substitute with the wording: “ logo ”, and the model code that for the contest purposes you will substitute with the wording: “ XYZ123 ”. You are free to place these two elements at your wish. The logo will be applied either through pad printing or embossed on the mould.
2) BATTERY You are invited to develop the design of the battery that constitutes a fundamental element which is employed in all products, including the tools subject of the Battery Lawn Tools competition. In case you are participating in both competitions, you are invited to use the very same battery. It is a rechargeable Li-Ion battery that, once inserted, shall be integrated in the design of the whole product. Consider a minimum bulk volume of 93x130x85mm (LxWxH), trying to keep the size of the battery as small as possible. The battery shall be equipped with a handle for a more convenient transportation and an easy removal from the compartment, keeping into consideration the insertion/removal and the lock/unlock mechanisms already designed in the battery compartment of the powerhead. The battery design shall also be organic , integrated and respect an aesthetic continuity with the overall design of the product. The battery shall also be equipped with an indicator light that enables the user to understand the battery status, when in use, and the charge progression when charging. In order to be charged, the battery shall be removed from the powerhead and inserted in the charger (which is not subject of the contest). As far as the powerhead is concerned, the battery will preferably be inserted from above or from the front side , thinking of an agile system that enables the company to reduce the battery size, over time, without having to redesign the whole range of products.
In order to better present your projects, you are invited to submit multiple views, using the five slots available and the archive, showing at least a view with the entire lawn mower and a view with the battery. You are finally invited to attach the 3D files used for the project in .igs or .step formats, inside the .ZIP archive to attach from the upload page.
The sponsor will take into account the following criteria, each assigned a value between 1 and 5 according to its importance:
• Stylistic coherence between the various products (5/5)
• Functionality/usability (5/5)
• Compactness (4/5)
• Aesthetic quality and project presentation (4/5)
• Degree of innovation (3/5)
There is no entry fee for this competition.
It's free to enter!
Who can enter?
This competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Battery Lawn Powerhead” will be accepted.
The selection of the winner by the Sponsor will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
For the duration of the option right, the Sponsor offers an extra chance to all participants setting a price of Euro 1,800 (one-thousand-eight-hundred) for the purchase of the license for the economical exploitation of the projects not-acknowledged as the winning proposals.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the Battery Lawn Powerhead or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://desall.com/Contest/Battery-Lawn-Powerhead/Brief
Category: PRODUCT DESIGN AWARD
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners