| by InfoDesigners
The winners have been announced on
Product design award titled Luxy Chair Design Award
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
Category:product design award
Link: Official Website
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Luxy Chair Design Award organised and realised on Desall.com by company Luxy invites you to propose a new upholstered chair for indoor use, with a modern and refined design, conceived for both the contract and the residential sectors.
Luxy, highly specialised company in the production of ergonomic and design chairs and sofas, recently has launced Luxy Chair Design Award with aim to design a new upholstered chair for indoor use, with a modern and refined style, specifically conceived for the contract and residential sectors.
You are invited to propose the design for an upholstered chair for indoor use, comfortable, with a modern style and apt for various contexts of use. Accordingly, the versatility of the chair will be of the utmost interest, opening up the possibility to employ different types of legs.
For the correct realisation of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
• Your chair shall have a refined and modern design
• the chair you propose will employ internal structures made of metal and/or wood. The lining might be realised in fabric and/or leather, with the possibility to choose from the various options already offered in the Luxy catalogue.You may also suggest new solutions and materials.
• the upholstery of the chair will be realised through cold-foamed polyurethane and it will be covered as explained in the preceding paragraph.
• the size of your upholstered chair shall comply with the standard adopted for this product typology. There are no constraints regarding the weight of the chair, but you are nevertheless invited to consider that it shall be handy enough for transportability and stacking.
• your upholstered chair shall have a modern and very refined design, paying particular attention to the brand style and compliance. The customisation of the chair will be possible thanks to the ample range of colours available in the 450 fabrics and/or leather options offered by the Luxy catalogue. Proposals offering a meaningful degree of customisation will be of the greatest interest. The legs and armrests can be customised and/or covered with different colours and materials (metal, wood, leather and/or fabrics), as per the Luxy catalogue.
• you chair shall comply with the Luxy values and identity, be perceived as a product with a great aesthetic value, with a particular care for style and design, able to emotionally involve the consumer.
Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.), preferably attaching the 3D files in .stp or .igs formats. If necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Luxy Chair Design Award” will be accepted.
In the evaluation of your submissions Luxy will take into account the following criteria:
• Emotional impact
• Degree of customisation
• Versatility of use
• Degree of compliance with the context of use
There is no entry fee to partecipate.
Participation is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
1st: Royalties (with €2000 of advance on royalties)
The selection of the winner by Luxy will be the result of an unquestionable evaluation and it will take into account originality, feasibility and consistency with the brief presented.
For the duration of the option right, the Sponsor offers an extra chance to all participants with a royalties contract and an advance on royalties equal to Euro 1,500.00 (one-thousand-five-hundred/00) for the purchase of the license for the economical exploitation of the projects not-acknowledged as the winning proposals.
For all further informations about the competition Luxy Chair Design Award or to submit your works visit the following official website:SUBMIT NOW!