The famous Italian company Falmec and Desall.com invite all designers and creative talents of any nationality to participate in the new product design competition titled ’Falmec Life inspired’ aimed to design new product solutions.
Falmec is looking for new concepts of range-hood accessories able to improve their usability and design, also by extending the hoods functionalities.
• Product typology: you are invited to design one or more range-hood accessories that might be compatible with individual range-hood models or with a series of models branded by Falmec. Proposals with a view to versatility and compatibility with various models marketed by the company will be particularly welcomed.
For more details regarding the range-hood typologies (t-shaped, built-in, ceiling-mounted, suspended, island, worktop, etc.) you are invited to take a look at the catalogue provided on the official webiste or at the Falmec site.
The accessories you propose shall be:
- Embedded in/fixed on the hood: you may propose accessories that one might hang, fix, clasp, etc. to the hood.
- Stand-alone (not embedded): you may propose accessories that constitute individual products by themselves, not embedded in the structure of the hood.
• Functions: the accessories might perform various functions, accordingly you are invited to explore two main themes:
- Functions beyond air suction (i.e. lighting, support for the cook with tool rack, iPad stand, spice organizer, timer, air treatment, IoT connectivity, etc.) or functions that improve air suction (i.e. accessories for better channeling the air flux);
- Solutions aimed at exploiting the unused space, adding shelves or other elements that may provide additional value to the unused space inside the bulk volume of the product. In particular, keep into consideration the following typologies of hoods: built-in hood, island hood (e.g. LUMEN ISOLA 175) or integrated in the cooking system (e.g. QUANTUM).
Depending on the function they perform, the accessories you suggest might also affect the overall perception of the aesthetics of the hood.
• Size: there are no constraints for the size of accessories you propose, as long as they are compatible with the hoods and the context of use they are intended for.
• Context of use: the accessories shall be conceived for the kitchen and/or the living area of a domestic environment.
• Materials: you are free to propose the materials you deem more appropriate for your project idea, possibly exploring the use of eco-friendly and natural materials. Generally, for the accessories you may consider the use of steel, wood, glass and ceramics.
• Technologies: you can suggest the use of either digital or non-digital technologies, able to better serve the functions you propose. For an example of how technology is embedded inside a hood, you may refer to the E.ion® System hoods.
• Style: the accessories shall fully represent the Falmec style, preferring a minimal and essential style.
• Colors: in full compliance with the style of the brand and with a view to the widest versatility with the hoods in their catalogue, focus on neutral, white or black shades. For metal accessories, you may opt for shades that highlight the texture of the metal (grey). In general, you may propose finishes or other processes supporting your project idea.
• Logo: at your discretion, you may include the Falmec logo inside your project, as long as it is placed in a discreet way.
• Target: the accessories you propose shall be designed for the Falmec average customer, who is usually a cooking enthusiast, keen on environmental issues, with great interest for technology and great attention to design.
• Values to convey: the accessories you design shall be in line with the founding values of the brand and in particular they shall place themselves as products that improve life at home for the users.
Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.), representing the accessory/family of accessories both on a neutral background and on a photo-realistic view also featuring the hood/hoods they are compatible with. If necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Falmec Life inspired.” will be accepted.
• Functionality (5/5)
• Degree of innovation (4/5)
• Compliance with the brand (4/5)
• Aesthetics (4/5)
• Product versatility (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This product design competition is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.