Future Cap Challenge now is over!
Pelliconi and Desall.com recently has announced new product design contest and invite you to suggest innovative concepts for a new easy-open cap, attentive to design and user experience, with the aim of creating a funny and interactive product.
Pelliconi recently has released on the site Desall.com its new product design contest looking for innovative concepts for a new easy-open cap to launch on the market, easy to remove and really keen on design and user experience, with the aim of creating a funny and interactive product.
Founded in Bologna (Italy) in 1939 as “Ditta Angelo Pelliconi” (DAP), specialized in the production of crown corks, Pelliconi is now a world leader in the field of packaging for the Food & Beverage industry.
Today it has five production plants spread over 4 continents: two in Italy, in Ozzano dell’Emilia (Bologna) and in Atessa (Chieti); one in Cairo (Egypt); one in the United States, in Orlando (Florida); the most recent site was inaugurated in 2016 in Suzhou (China). Guidelines:
• Product typology: the cap you suggest shall allow an easy opening (“easy-open” cap), without requiring the use of a bottle-opener or similar. The cap will be employed for standard size bottles, used for beer, soft-drink or other beverages. In addition to perform its function, it shall arouse curiosity in the consumer paying great attention to the user experience and suggesting a fun-related use.
• How to use: the user shall be able to easily remove the cap, through a “*pry-off*” gesture, without using any bottle-opener. You are free to suggest alternatives to this method, making sure that the gesture is safe and easy for the final user in all circumstances.
• Shapes: keep into consideration aspects related to ergonomics and intuitiveness of use, that shall be embodied by the cap design, in order to ease its opening.
• Size: the cap shall be compatible with bottles with neck-finish of 26mm or 29mm.
• Materials: you are free to suggest single-material or multi-materials solutions at your discretion, keeping into consideration the use of possible eco-sustainable materials and in view of the product recyclability.
• Style and customisation: the cap shall be intended for several brands and beverages, accordingly you are invited to suggest an innovative and highly aesthetic design, that may leave room for client-brand customisation, reserving an area for the logo, custom colours, etc. Today, the areas devoted to this use are the top side of the cap, the inner part, the side and the colour juxtaposition of various components.
Upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Future Cap Challenge” will be accepted.
All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
• Degree of innovation (5/5)
• Ease of use (5/5)
• Technical feasibility (4/5)
• User experience (4/5)
• Eco-compatibility (3/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This product design contest is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!