New fashion design competition, 29th Fashion ZAKKA Design Competition has been recently announced by Taito city government dedicate to collect designs for fashion items.
The city of Taito, Japan includes well known touristic area such as Ueno and Asakusa, however it is also a renowned production area of fashion items. In fact, many of the fashion items for famous brands such as shoes, bags, wallets, belts or hats are produced in manufacturers in Taito.
The 29th Fashion ZAKKA Design Competition includes the following categories:
Leather Items - must have piece of leather on the item
Other leather items Fabric Items
Examples of “Other leather items” include: wallets, purses, pen/pass/key/mobile phone cases, pouches, or stationary. Mainly the items to hold or cover a daily goods, and those which can be sold in wallet or stationary department.
(It does not include fashion accessories such as earrings, rings, bangles or necklaces.)
Both men’s and women’s designs are acceptable.
(For both Leather and Fabric Items)
1. A design illustration must be unreleased, has not been made into product or received any awards.
2. If a design is considered as a copy, it will be disqualified even after winning a prize.
3. The design should be able to be made into product. (processable materials, parts and forms). Any special processing is not acceptable for materials other than leather (e.g. metal, plastic).
4. Any icons, names, signs, or characters which identify the applicant should not be included in the design.
(For Leather Items)
5. Taito-city is a representative production area for leather items in Japan. Leather must be used in a design.
• Use B4 size
• Illustration must be colored (CG/photo acceptable)
• Attach details of color and materials (either on the design illustration or another sheet)
• Design with creativity
• Design with originality
• Design with practicality
• Design with high marketability
Entries will be accepted between 1st and 30th September 2018.
The copyrights of awarded designs belong to Taito Fashion Fair Committee. Awarded designs may be productionized by Taito Fashion Fair Committee, of which whom will decide the terms and conditions if such a case arises.
Awards ceremony will be held on late November or beginning of December 2018, in Taito-City.
There is no entry fees to partecipate!
It's free to enter!
Anyone who is interested in ZAKKA (fashion items) design, either professional or amateur, is eligible to participate in this competition.