The Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival celebrates its 15th year as a juried event and recently they starts accepting submissions for its 2019 festival.
Films should be submitted in one of the following categories:
• Documentary (Pop Culture–Related)
• Science Fiction/Fantasy
• Eligible for submission are films no longer than 95 minutes in length, appropriate for all-ages, completed no earlier than 2017 and previously not submitted to the CCI-IFF.
• Only 1 submission is accepted per filmmaker. Films previously submitted to the CCI: IFF, whether accepted or denied, cannot be entered again.
• To be accepted, submitted films must be completely edited and in their final completed form. Rough cuts or unfinished material will not be considered. Please do not submit trailers, test footage or scenes from upcoming films. They do not accept web series.
• Please include a brief synopsis of your film on a separate sheet of paper not to exceed 50 words, along with a brief bio sheet on filmmakers (director or writer) and one production still for use in any potential publicity.
• All films will be shown via video projection in a Convention Center style meeting room, not in a theater. The room seats approximately 200 people. Preferred format for screening is DVD, NTSC, Region 1. They cannot accept 35mm films.
• You need to send the 4 x DVD copies of your film must be sent or you must submit a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your film is selected, you may be able to provide a Blu-ray (of the same run time of the originally submitted film) for the screening CCI-IFF 2019 will be held 18-21 July during Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center.
The jury will consist of members working in industries related to filmmaking and the popular arts. Films judged and accepted will be shown during CCI-IFF 2018. Awards and prizes will be given out at Comic-Con, with film screenings all four days of the event.
There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival is open to all filmmakers around the world.