2019 BlueCat Screenplay Competition now is over!
2019 BlueCat Screenplay Competition: The BlueCat Screenplay Competition now in its 21st year, is accepting submissions for its 2019 competition, calling for original and unpublished, feature and short screenplays, as well as pilot scripts from all around the world.
The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 21st year, is accepting submissions for its 2019 competition. Once again this year they looking for original and unpublished, feature and short screenplays, as well as pilot scripts from all around the world.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and continues its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted.
Founded in 1998 by award-winning writer Gordy Hoffman, BlueCat has supported thousands of screenwriters through written analysis provided to all entrants, many of whom have gone on to successful careers in the film and television industry.
• All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
• All ages are eligible.
• Must be in English.
• Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages in length.
• Hour Pilot scripts must be between 45-75 pages.
• Half-hour Pilot scripts must be between 20-60 pages in length.
• Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages in length.
• There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
• You may submit a script once. You may not submit the same script more than once.
• All script entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
• If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible.
• Previous winners of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition are not eligible. • Scripts, including outlines, treatments, pitches, log lines or any developmental material related to the script, that has previously won any contest, competition, grant, lab, fellowship, mentorship, reading or award of any kind, are not eligible.
• Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to November 15th, 2015 are not eligible.
• Script titles cannot be changed after submission under any circumstances.
• Past and present scripts consulted on through Gordy Hoffman’s screenplay consultation service or the BlueCat workshops are not eligible.
The Fellini Award, will be given to the best screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) by a writer living outside the U.S. and will win the monetary prize. Winners will be announced on May 7th, 2019.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2019 Fees:
• Early Deadline: September 30th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $50, Pilot (Hour) $45, Pilot (Half-Hour) $40, Short Script $35, Short Film $35.
• Regular Deadline: November 15th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $60, Pilot (Hour) $55, Pilot (Half-Hour) $50, Short Script $45, Short Film $45.
• Final Deadline: December 16th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $70, Pilot (Hour) $65, Pilot (Half-Hour) $60, Short Script $55, Short Film $55.
• Late Deadline: February 3rd, 2019. Short Film $60.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition is open to all screenwriters around the world, regardless of age.