| by InfoDesigners | submitted by Irena Sibila
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 - International Screenplay competition
The call for applications is now open!
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The BlueCat Screenplay Competition now is calling for entries accepting submissions in its 2020 edition and like every year calling for original and unpublished, feature and short screenplays, as well as pilot scripts from all around the world.
The BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020, now is opened for entries accepting submissions from all around the world and once again is looking for original and unpublished, feature and short screenplays, as well as pilot scripts.
Founded in 1998 by award-winning writer Gordy Hoffman, BlueCat has supported thousands of screenwriters through written analysis provided to all entrants, many of whom have gone on to successful careers in the film and television industry. BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and continues its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted. Organizer accept features, short scripts and pilots, as well as short films!
• All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
• All entries must be in English.
• Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages in length.
• Pilot scripts must be between 20-75 pages.
• Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages in length.
• There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
• You may submit a script once. You may not submit the same script more than once.
• All script entries must be uploaded in PDF format.
• Script PDF must have a properly formatted file name (Name of Script by Author First Last Name.pdf — i.e. Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa.pdf)
If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible.
Previous winners of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition are not eligible.
Screenplays that have been submitted to any competition or contest prior to November 15th, 2015 are not eligible.
Past and present scripts consulted on through Gordy Hoffman’s screenplay consultation service or the BlueCat workshops are not eligible.
Past and present USC and UCLA students of Gordy Hoffman are not eligible.
Winners will be announced on May 19th, 2020.
Early Deadline: 30th June 2019
• Feature Screenplay: $50
• Pilot: $45
• Short: $35
Regular Deadline: 15th September 2019
• Feature Screenplay: $60
• Pilot: $55
• Short: $45
Final Deadline: 11th November 2019
• Feature Screenplay: $70
• Pilot: $65
• Short: $55
Who can enter?
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 is open to all screenwriters around the world, regardless of age.
There will be awarded the following prizes:
• The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
• The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $5,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $1,000 each.
• The Pilot Winner will receive $5,000. Four Pilot Finalists will receive $1000 each.
• The Short Script Winner will receive $5,000. Four Shorts Finalists will receive $1000 each.
• The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2020 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $2500.
• The 3 Title Contest Winners will receive $250 each.
Every script submission will receive a written analysis as a part of their entry fee.
For all further informations about the BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 visit the following official website: