| by InfoDesigners
The 27th Curtas Vila do Conde – International Film Festival, taking place
Eligible for submission are animations, documentaries, fiction films, experimental films and music videos, in film (16mm and 35mm) or digital (DCP or video files).
The Festival is very competitive and each year awards are announced in thirteen categories, five of which are international.
You can submit your new films in the following competitions:
• International - dedicated to fiction, documentary and animation
• Portuguese - dedicated to Portuguese films of fiction, documentary and animation
• Experimental - dedicated to experimental films, particu-larly those that will reveal new approaches to moving images and the development of the language of Cinema.
• Music Videos - dedicated to music videos of bands or artists of Portuguese origin or produced by Portuguese authors, up to 30 minutes
• Curtinhas - Dedicated to children’s films rated over 3 years old, and up to 30 minutes.
• Take One - dedicated to films up to 30 minutes, directed by Portuguese students, enrolled in Portuguese Universities or in cinema schools or filmmaking courses abroad.
The screening copies of the selected films must be provided in the following formats:- film: 16mm or 35mm;- digital: DCP 2K; In the Portuguese and Take One! Competition, the screening copies must include English subtitles. In the case of films with english dialogues, screening copies must include Portuguese subtitles. The submission fee is 13 EUR/15 USD by 28th February 2019 and 15 EUR/18 USD from 1st of March till 30th April 2019.
Who can enter?
The 27th Curtas Vila do Conde – International Film Festival 2019 is open to all artist worldwide.
The following prizes will be awarded:
• Great Prize (for the best film in competition);
• Animation Award (to distinguish an animation film in com-petition);
• Manoel de Oliveira Award (to distinguish a documentary in competition);
• Fiction Award (to distinguish a fiction film in competition).
• Best Portuguese Short Film Award (for the best film in the Portuguese competition);
• Best Director Award (to distinguish a director in Portuguese Competition).
In addition to the prizes awarded by the jury of Portuguese and International Competitions, the festival’s audience will award two films through ranked voting, choosing the best film of the International Competition and the best film of the Portuguese Competition.
For all further informations about the Curtas Vila do Conde 2019 – International Film Festival visit the following official website here.