Photo Stories Contest - CINE-BOOKS - SHORT STORY COMPETITION
| by InfoDesigners
The Call for Entries titled Photo Stories Contest - CINE-BOOKS is now open!
Photo Stories Contest - CINE-BOOKS
is calling for entries. Below you can find all details about this competition:
CINE-BOOKS, the best visual story telling platform, recently has announced new Photo Stories Contest inviting everyone worldwide to participate with they best Photo Story.
Photo Stories Contest is an photo story telling competition organized by CINE-BOOKS Entertainment, the best visual story telling platform and the company that has ambitions to change the world of storytelling entertainment and book publishing industries.
To participate in this competition you need to send your Photo Story to the Contest Channel.
There are three categories:
• Photo Story with text - the development of the plot and the interaction of the characters should be understandable without a text accompaniment
• Photo Story without text - only dialogs and short remarks to the story are allowed and only in English
• Cinematic Story - musical accompaniment and visual series should be synchronized
- This is a story in slideshow mode.
- The slideshow consists of a series of 30-60 photos with a plot. Essentially, these are next-generation photo comics.
- The plot is built according to the rules of dramaturgy: the setup – the opposition - the conflict - the climax - the resolution.
- The plot of story should be disclosed through a visual series without textual explanations. Adding text is allowed in the CINE-BOOKS editor in the form of short dialogues or remarks.
- Proportions: 16:9
- Orientation: landscape
- Size: at least 2000px on the short side
- Color profile: sRGB
- File format: JPG
- This is a story in two modes: slideshow and video.
- Essentially, this is a short film generated from photos and, possibly, video introductions - with a lower cost for production and post-production!
- The requirements for the Cinematic Story plot are similar to the Photo Story.
- Any VFX can be used in the video.
- The video must contain a soundtrack; it can also contain voiceovers.
- Proportions: 16:9
- Orientation: landscape
- Size: more than HD 1920х1080
- Sound: stereo
- File format: MP4
The number of entries from one participant is not limited. Each work can be entered in the contest only once.
How to creat a photo story?
The main thing that distinguishes a Photo Story from a simple photo shoot is the plot. The plot is a sequence of events, interactions of the heroes, in which their characters are shown, and therefore revealing the idea of the story.
Starts with the character. In this definition, there is already a hint about how to make up a story, and this starts with the character! Find an image that inspires you and take a shot at your fantasy — in what situations and under what circumstances can it be shown the most expressively?
Additionally, in order for the story to be interesting, organizer need subtext and conflict. The subtext is the hidden motives, desires, or the overall goal of the character: something directing him/her and explaining his/her actions. And the conflict consists of the external or internal factors that prevent the hero from achieving his or her goal. These factors can be either opponents, anti-heroes, or the personality traits of your hero (i.e., insecurity, fear, etc.). The personality traits of your hero will be shown the best only during a confrontation with the anti-hero or internal barriers!
How to tell a story in photos?
Use as many cinematic tricks as you can!
The alternation of general and major plans convey the atmosphere of the situation; shots on which characters are shown in motion give the dynamics; cinematic perspectives do not show the appearance of your models, but their emotions.
General criteria for selecting the jury:
• Originality and consistency of the plot
• Directing skills and acting
• Artistic qualities of the visual series: composition, work with light, color, etc.
• Post-production quality
• Quality soundtrack (for the Cinematic Story)
The winners of the contest will be announced at January 8, 2019! The stories that won the Grand Prize and the Users Choice will be advertised on the site's banners and available for public viewing on this page for the month! There is no entry fee to participate!
It's free to enter!
The following prizes will be awarded:
• Grand Prize winner - $3,000
• Photo Story without text - $250
• Photo Story with text wiinner - $250
• Cinematic Story - $300
All the works selected by the moderators, with the consent of the authors, will be added after the contest for a paid Premium Channel public channel. Additionally, their authors will benefit from the views of channel subscribers.
Call For Entries Info
For all further informations about the competition Photo Stories Contest - CINE-BOOKS or to submit your works visit the following official website: https://cine-books.com/platform/contest
Category: SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Official Website: Link
Published by: InfoDesigners
Fees: NO ENTRY FEES!
Listed by: InfoDesigners