Visions / Solutions for a sustainable tomorrow
Visions / Solutions for a sustainable tomorrow now is over!
Visions \/ Solutions for a sustainable tomorrow: Die Junge Akademie this year celebrating its 20th birthday is hosting its “Visions / Solutions for a sustainable tomorrow” online competition offerin you the chance to develop and contribute your own ideas about ’sustainable of tomorrow’.
Die Junge Akademie this year is celebrating its 20th birthday and invites everyone to participate in its the “Visions / Solutions for a sustainable tomorrow” online competition.
Organiser are asking for your ideas! This time they will focus on one of the most important topics of our time: climate change and our relationship to the natural world in general.
Every single day, we are confronted with pictures of a fast-approaching climate catastrophe in the media. This is important, as we should all be made aware of the consequences which have already occurred. We should also take note of the possible consequences which may still arise if we do not change our way of thinking and acting as quickly and as sustainably as possible...
We therefore need to find a positive outlook for a different future. A sustainable way of life offers a wealth of opportunities, not only in ecological and economic terms, but also socially and culturally... They are looking for entries in two categories:
In the VISION CATEGORY, they are looking for visionary designs for a society that is not only oriented towards sustainability in an ecological and economic sense. The theme of sustainability should also inspire coexistence on other levels – social, cultural, aesthetic, etc. In this first category, they are, so to speak, concerned with the “bigger picture”. Above all, organiser are looking for artistic-creative perspectives on a different, better world in which a sustainable way of life would be comprehensively realised.
The SOLUTION CATEGORY, on the other hand, is all about ideas for original solutions to sustainability-related problems – big or small. These may also be ideas that have already been implemented, but are perhaps not yet comprehensive enough. In any case, they must be your own ideas. Behind this second category is the idea that technical and technological solutions are indispensable for a sustainable way of life. Organiser is mainly looking for innovative technical processes related to climate and the environment, and more general but also climate-friendly sustainable ideas for solving concrete problems in our everyday lives and work.
You are free to choose the format: you can enter with texts of any kind, images, audio recordings, films or other multimedia formats, web applications as well as the corresponding documentation of objects, installations, scenic/performative acts, etc. Apart from the limitation to digital submissions, there are no limits to creativity. It is important that, in technical terms, entries are designed in such a way that they can be viewed, played etc. without any problems. Participation in the competition is also subject to the condition that the entries submitted and ideas presented are your own.
All entries must be submitted either in German or in English.
All submitted entries must show a clear reference to the topics of climate change, our relationship to the natural world, or sustainability. An important criterion in both categories is the originality of the submission. The following criteria are also decisive for the selection of the winners in each category:
• Creativity: Organiser is looking for creative or artistic visions of a future society which invite further discussion of the topic.
• Aesthetic Quality: The submitted entry does not necessarily have to be “beautiful”. However, it should be designed visually, audibly, performatively, etc. in such a way that the vision it is about is expressed positively.
• Technical Implementation: The quality of the submitted image, sound, text, etc. is also a criterion for the selection.
• Conceptual Creativity: Organiser are looking for solutions to concrete problems which have not yet been implemented on a large scale respectively are already being implemented but have a much greater potential for general feasibility.
• Practicability: However, the respective solution should also be practicable with highly practical, technical, economic considerations etc. The technical prerequisites for implementing the idea should either already exist or be relatively easy to create. If the idea has already been implemented in some form, the submission should deal with the reasons why a broader implementation has not been successful so far.
• Accessibility and Comprehensibility of the Concept: The submitted entry should present the idea in a generally comprehensible way. Even if it is based on scientific findings, it should be understandable without further reading of scientific publications etc. and preferably also for non-experts.
• Sustainability of the Solution: Is the solution itself sustainable or does it itself create new problems on the flip side of solving the problem? We are looking for ideas which incorporate the issue of sustainability on as many levels as possible.
There is no entry fee to participate!
This competition is open to everyone, no matter how old you are, what you do or where you come from. Both individuals and teams can enter the competition.
There is no entry fee to participate!