DSE 2019 APEX Awards now is over!
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Digital Signage Federation is now accepting nominations for its 2019 APEX Awards that recognize and honor achievement in the creation and installation of compelling viewer content and interactive technology.
Digital Signage Expo is now accepting nominations for its 2019 APEX Awards. The Awards recognize and honor achievement in the creation and installation of compelling viewer content and interactive technology.
Since its inception, the program has honored hundreds of companies for innovative projects that have met and/or exceeded project goals while providing meaningful ROI and ROO for clients, thereby advancing the digital signage industry.
There is a twelve categories in which you can submit you works:
• Corporate Environments (external or internal corporate communication installations, including office building lobbies)
• DOOH Campaigns (the most creative, strategic and innovative campaigns in digital-out-of-home networks and media)
• Educational Environments (colleges, schools and universities)
• Entertainment & Recreation (amusement parks, casinos, fitness centers, golf courses, movie theaters, national/state parks, art galleries, museums, dedicated digital art installations)
• Experiential Design & Planning (installations that captivate users with multiple displays and technologies that create an environment of interactivity and virtual experiences)
• Healthcare Environments (hospitals, clinics, doctors’ and dentists’ offices)
• Hospitality (hotels, cruise ships, motels)
• Public Spaces (interior/exterior installations in multi-branded shopping or gathering places such as malls, city squares/plazas)
• Restaurants, Bars and Foodservices (QSR, Fast Casual, specialty restaurants, bars & nightclubs)
• Retail Environments (all retail stores including grocery and convenience stores)
• Transportation (airports, subway/train stations, airplanes, rail cars, buses & bus shelters, taxis)
• Venues (stadiums, arenas, amphitheaters, convention centers, performing arts centers)
Nominees must have a new or current digital signage or interactive technology program installed between November 1, 2017 and October 31, 2018. Updated content for existing digital signage installations that began running during the same time period will also qualify.
Projects that are under NDAs (confidentiality agreements) do not qualify for entry.
A single company is permitted to submit multiple nominations for separate projects.
Photos and videos help judges with scoring each entry as they are able to see how the installation and/or content displays in real life. The better picture you are able to paint for the judges, the better they will fully understand the installation/content, which will lead to higher scores.
• PHOTOS - A minimum of 1 photo is required, and the maximum is 5. Photos should be large-format and high-resolution (300 dpi) ONLY. Professional photos are highly recommended. Low-resolution images will automatically disqualify your entry.
• VIDEOS - A minimum of 1 video is required, and the maximum is 2. Your video submission must be HD, no longer than 5 minutes, and preferably an MP4. If recorded on an iPhone or Android device, the video must be shot in landscape orientation. Videos must not contain any profanity.
Your video should explain: 1) the project objective; 2) the technology solution(s) used in the deployment of your digital signage display or network; 3) the content displayed on the screens, and; 4) how the content met the objective of the project.
Nominated installations and content will be evaluated by a panel of independent industry judges who are members in good standing of the Digital Signage Federation. Projects will be judged on:
• Challenge – What was the objective of the installation? What was the size, scope or unique requirements of the deployment? What strategies were used to design the installation, and what technology was deployed to ensure a successful implementation?
• Creativity – What differentiates digital signage content is the ability to direct messaging to a specific audience for a specific purpose. Was the installation design and/or content original or imaginative? More importantly, does the visual take advantage of digital signage and meet the objective outlined in the objective statement?
• Result – Depending on the project, success may be judged by return on investment (ROI) or return on objective (ROO). To what extent did the digital signage or interactive technology deployment and/or content meet either quantitative or qualitative goals and objectives of the installation and benefit the viewer?
The DSE APEX Awards will be awarded to three outstanding entries – Gold, Silver and Bronze – in a total of 12 categories. Additionally, the APEX Installation of the Year, APEX Integrator of the Year and APEX Content of the Year Awards will be presented to three overall winners.
The awards will be presented during the ceremony on Wednesday, March 27 at 6:00 pm. All nominees are strongly encouraged to make plans to attend the awards ceremony and have a speech prepared in case you are announced as a Gold winner.
Finalists will be notified on or before February 20, 2019.
• Early Bird – $145 per nomination (through October 12, 2018)
• Regular Fee – $195 per nomination (October 13, 2018 through December 21, 2018)
• Change Request Fee – If there is a request to modify an original entry, there will be an additional $75 fee imposed that must be paid before the change is made. This includes wording, images and video. No changes can be made after the entries have been submitted to the judges.
Who can participate? ⇣
The nominating companies can be:
• the venues where the installation/content is/was housed (recommended)
• the architects and/or design firms who conceived the project
• the technology providers that provided the installation hardware and/or software
• the system integrators who did the installation