SEGD Global Design Awards 2019 now is over!
The 2019 SEGD Global Design Awards, the only international awards program focused on user experiences in the built environment has been recently opened for entries for 2019.
Call for entries is now open for The SEGD Global Design Awards 2019. Since 1987, this award has set the standard of excellence for experiential graphic design, honoring design work that connects people to place by providing direction, content, and compelling experiences in public spaces. Since 2014, the awards have been juried in separate categories in order to ensure that projects are compared with like projects, e.g., wayfinding projects with wayfinding projects.
"The SEGD Global Design Awards are the only awards exclusively for experiential graphic design," says Clive Roux, CEO of SEGD. "That means your projects will be reviewed by jury experts in your field like Lance Wyman, Lee Skolnick, Refik Anadol and this year’s Jury Chair, Kathy Fry."
There are seven main categories in which you can participate:
• Digital Experience
• Interactive Experience
• Placemaking and Identity
• Public Installation
• Projects must have been completed between January 1, 2016, and December 31, 2018.
• Student projects must have been completed in 2017 or 2018 by full-time students.
• There is no limit on the number of projects entered by an individual or firm.
• Projects must demonstrate the use of design elements (including, but not limited to, typography, symbols, pictograms, media, diagrams, and color coding) in the design solution and must focus on the communication of information, identity or image in the designed environment.
• A project may be entered in multiple categories
• Projects entered in previous years may be entered again if they did not win an award.
• Up to 500 words describing the project, its objectives and challenges, and the primary features of the design solution and how it addressed the objectives and challenges. Ideally, describe the success of the project and how it was measured.
• Up to 8 images (300 dpi, .jpg, 5MB limit) with captions (Identify one as the “Hero Shot” that you would like jurors to see first.)
• 1 video (mp4, .wmv, or .mov; 105MB limit), up to 1 minute in length, only if it provides additional information.
The jury composed of nine highly respected practitioners, from around the world who represent a range of design disciplines will evaluate your projects based on their effectiveness in connecting people to place, creating a unique and memorable user experience, and solving the client’s objectives and design challenges.
Honor and Merit awards will be selected in each category. In addition, one project will win the Best in Show award and one a Sylvia Harris award for social impace from the Honor winners.
Winning entries will be announced and celebrated at a dedicated SEGD Global Design Awards ceremony during the SEGD Conference, June 6-8, 2019 in Austin.
• SEGD Student Members: FREE • Student Non-members: $50/entry
• SEGD Members: $325/entry
• All others: $700/entry
• Special: $600 for non-member to join and enter one project.
Each entry submitted after January 31, 2019 will incure a $75 / project late fee. Submissions will be accepted with late fees through February 14, 2019.
For the further information please visit the official website.
Who can participate? ⇣
This The SEGD Global Design Awards 2019 is open for environmental graphic designers, graphic artists, architects, exhibit designers, media developers, landscape architects, industrial designers, interior designers, fabricators, clients and students.