User Interface Competition now is over!
Pharmathek and Desall.com recently has announced new UX design competition inviting all designers and creative talents of any nationality to rethink the graphic interface and the user experience of the application dedicated to their warehouse systems.
User Interface Competition is the new UX design competition organised by Pharmathek and released on the site Desall.com inviting all designers and creative talents of any nationality to rethink the graphic interface and the user experience of the application dedicated to their warehouse systems.
You are invited to redesign the new graphic interface of the application dedicated to the robotic warehouses by Pharmathek, reorganising the various elements in a more functional way and proposing a minimal and modern graphic design.
The new graphic interface shall address aspects related to usability and ease of use, accordingly you are invited to reorganise and rationalise the screens and the elements there included, keeping into consideration the functions the operator needs to perform on the device. The interface will be used inside the pharmacies by pharmacists, sales-people or warehouse workers, during back-office operations, so with no direct contact with the public but for operations concerning the warehouse organisation, maintenance and management.
The operator will use a 24” touchscreen monitor either in landscape or portrait mode with a resolution of 1920x1080px. At your discretion the possibility to propose an interface with landscape or portrait orientation, depending on your project idea. The interaction with the system will nevertheless be supported by the use of keyboard and mouse, in particular for data-entry operations. However, proposals suggesting a valid alternative to the use of keyboard and mouse will be greatly appreciated: ideally, they should offer a touchscreen-only interaction with a fluid, intuitive and responsive user experience.
The graphic interface you propose shall be able to offer an intuitive and easy to use experience, organised in various screens that may enable the operator to perform all the functions offered by the system. In particular:
• Warehouse status: it enables the operator to monitor the status of the warehouse (medicines availability, boxes position, ongoing operations, etc.), including information on its normal functioning.
• Load (frequently used function): it enables the operator to enter medicines inside the warehouse.
• Modify (frequently used function): it enables the operator to edit the information of a product already present inside the warehouse or to perform the first registration of a product that is added to the system for the first time.
• Unload: it enables the operator to select the medicines to unload from the warehouse, according to various criteria and filters, with the possibility to choose at what exit the products should be delivered. Usually this function is used periodically for the warehouse cleaning or to retrieve a specific product, when need be.
• Search: through this function the operator is able to research and visualise the position where a specific box is located inside the warehouse, to perform some checks and to address anomalies, if any, related to the products added to the system.
• Other functions (less frequently used): the operator is able to perform some maintenance tasks or to run queries on the warehouse to read system messages.
Every function shall not necessarily correspond to a dedicated screen. In fact, you are invited to rethink the organisation of the elements, of the commands, of the texts and of the screens also based on how often these functions are performed by the operator. Accordingly, you may also combine various functions inside the same screen or organise menus, elements, commands in a different way.
You are invited to also rethink the interaction and the operational flow related to the various functions.
You are invited to develop a new graphic interface with a minimal and modern style, preferring clean and simple lines, suggesting a timeless design, able to always remain relevant throughout the years.
You are free to use the palettes and the colours you prefer, based on your project idea.
Include the Pharmathek logo inside the various screens, even if in a discreet way.
Your graphic interface shall fully reflect the values of the Pharmathek brand, always committed to offering highly technological solutions, while giving maximum importance to aspects related to the usability of their products.
Upload the screens of your graphic interface using the dedicated fields in the upload page. You are also invited to provide inside a .ZIP archive the vector files of the screens and of the various elements, possibly adding additional materials.
Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “User Interface Competition” will be accepted.
All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
• Functionality/usability (5/5)
• Technical feasibility (5/5)
• Aesthetic versatility (5/5)
• Degree of innovation for graphics and UX (5/5)
• Interface communication effectiveness (5/5)
There is no entry fee to participate!
Who can participate? ⇣
This contest is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
No Entry Fee!There is no entry fee to participate!